Deadline : November 15, 2021
Apply for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship in Aerospace Engineering and Space Sciences. The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. Since its launch in 1938, the Zonta Amelia Earhart Fellowship has awarded 1,938 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, totaling more than US$11 million, to 1,245 women representing 75 countries from all across the globe.
Women make up around 25 percent of the workforce in the aerospace industry globally, therefore, in an effort to carry out its mission that women have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men, Zonta International introduced the Amelia Earhart Fellowship.
This fellows program invites applicants from all over the world, who are women undertaking PhD studies or research in the fields of aerospace engineering and space sciences. The Fellowship worth US$10,000 is awarded annually to up to 35 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences. The fellowship award may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields.
If selected for the program, you will recieve the following benefits
- The program awards 35 selected women fellows up to US$10,000 award annually to pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences.
- This award may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields.
In order to apply for this program, you must fulfill the following eligible criteria
- Applicants for the award must be a female student of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree
- To be considered, you must demonstrate a superior academic record conducting research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences
- You must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and have completed at least one year of that program
- Applicants who have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted will also be considered.
- If you are pursuing a PhD program, you must not graduate from your Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2023.
- Scholars who are enrolled in post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- If you are a classified members or employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation, or have a family member falling under this category, you may not apply for the Fellowship.
- If you are a beneficially of the Amelia Earhart Fellows, you may not apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
The applications or the for the programme are submitted using the online application portal. You must submit your application by the deadline of November 15, 2021.
After submitting your application for the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship, the Committee will review your application and if selected, you will be recommended to the Zonta International Board.
The Zonta International Board will make final decisions and will select a list of recipients for the 2022 programme
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here