Deadline : January 15, 2021
Apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship at the University of Amsterdam n the Netherlands. The Faculty of Science at the University of Amsterdam aims to attract talented students to its international degree programs. The faculty therefore offers a number of scholarships for its different programmes dedicated to international motivated prospective students, giving them the opportunity to pursue a Science degree at the University of Amsterdam.
The Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) will cover the tuition fee for your degree program of interest for a period of 2 years, as well as part of the living expenses for the period of your stay in the Netherlands. Usually, the scholarship is awarded for one year and is renewable subject to the recipients academic performance in their first year of study.
If selected and awarded the AMS, you are expected to successfully complete your first year of study with excellent grades if you are to receive the scholarship for the second and final year. Please note that the Faculty of Science will require you to fulfil the supplementary requirements imposed on students by the faculty or programme, such as the obligation to attend all classes, good progress and effort.
- The Amsterdam Merit Scholarship will cover the whole cost of your tuition fees for your preferred Msc Programme
- AMS also covers part of your living expenses during your stay in Netherlands
Rate this Post
User Review( vote)
Eigible canddates for the scholarship must fill fill the following applixcation criteria
- Applicants must be nationals of a non EU/EEA country and must not or Swiss nationals
- You must have been awarded or will be admitted to one of the eligible MSc programmes at the University of Amsterdam (Please see programme list here)
- Applicants must not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- You must be a fee paying students and must not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the University of Amsterdam
- You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree with excellent grades for no longer than 3 years ago since it was completed
- You must not be a recipient of another full scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS
- Applicants must meet the admission conditions for a programme of their choice and have submitted a complete application to one of the eligible MSc programmes
- you must be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa
There is no sperate application form for the scholarship. Application for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship submitted as part of the application procedure for admission to the Master’s programme of your choice. During your application, you will be asked whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship. You must therefore check this option if you want to be considered for the scholarship
Along with this procedure, you will be required to include a paragraph in your motivation letter in which you explain why you wish to be nominated for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship and what it would mean for your future academic career. You willa also have to submit evidance of your excellent performance as well as other support documents including;
- Your academic records showing that you belong to the top 10% of graduates from your class
- A well written letter of motivation of a maximum of 500 words explaining the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme in a broader context and the relevance of obtaining this scholarship
- Your proof of English proficiency in form of a TOEFL certificate (internet-based) with an overall score of 100 or IELTS certificate (academic) with an overall score of 7.0 or a Cambridge Examination Score with a minimum test result of C1 Advanced (CAE) A or B
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here