Deadline : April 30, 2021
Apply for the ANSO Scholarship program for Young Talents 2021. The ANSO Scholarship provides young students/scholars with non-Chinese citizenship an opportunity to pursue postgraduate education at the colleges or schools of the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of CAS around China. The programme is divided into 2 categories namely, the master program and the PhD program. The program offers up to 200 master students and 300 PhD students from all over the world.
Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) was initiated and established by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and other 36 scientific institutes as well as international organizations worldwide. As a non-profit and non-government organization, the organization aims to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing.
Funding fort the scholarship will be offered for a duration of up to 36 months for Master’s program and up to 48 months for PhD program. Recipients of the scholarship will be required to complete centralized training in Chinese language, Chinese culture. You are obligated to accumulate all the required credits including practical research and degree thesis at colleges and schools of USTC/UCAS or CAS institutes.
Reciepents of teh ANSO Scholarships for Young Talents will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive a full Tuition waiver for your selected programme
- Awardees will receive a monthly stipend to cover your living expenses as described below
- Master’s degree recipients will receive 3000 RMB/month
- PhD recipients will receive 6000 or 7000 RMB/month depending on whether they have passed the qualification test arranged by USTC/UCAS
- You will receive health insurance coverage for the duration of your stay
- Awardees will receive an application fee waiver
- you will receive a travel subsidy from your home countries to China
Be sure to fulfill the following conditions if you wish to apply for the scholarship
- Applicants must be from any country other than china and must not hold Chinese citizenship
- You must meet the admission criteria for set international students applying to USTC/UCAS
- Applicants applying for a master program must have a maximum of 30 years of age by the time of application
- For applicants applying for a PhD program, they must have a maximum age of 35 years at the time of application
- Applicants must demonstrate proof of English or Chinese language proficiency
- Applicants who are currently studying a master degrees at any university in China may not apply for the scholarship.
- If you are currently pursuing doctoral degrees at any university/institution in China, you may not apply for the scholarship programme
- Applicates must attach original copy of their academic certificate for all the university degrees they have achieved
- You latest CV with a brief description of your work or research experience
- Master’s degree applicants must attach their Bachelor’s degree certificate or official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- PhD program applicants must include their Bachelor’s degree certificate as well as their Master’s degree certificate or official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- You are required to upload 2 reference letters supporting your application
- You must submit a Detailed research proposal in your preferred field
- A proof of proficiency of English Chinese language
- A Copy of your regular passport which with at least 2 years validity
- All applicants are required to include a foreigner Physical Examination Form, template to be downloaded from the program website
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here