Deadline : December 15, 2022
Apply for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship aims to promote educational access and learning opportunities to scholars from specific backgrounds. This programme also works to enhance international diversity by making it possible for eligible candidates from countries other than the U.S to access education opportunities in the United States.
The AU emerging Global Leader Scholarship is dedicated to Students who have completed their High school and are planning to enroll in a Post secondary program. Selected applicants will have the opportunity to study for a 4 year Bachelor’s programme at American University. Applicants must be active role models who demonstrate leadership skill and whose values align with the AU EGL values of positive civic and social change.
As a scholar, you will have to meet the admission conditions for entry into a degree programme of your choice. Up on completion of your studies, you will be expected to return back to your home country and help improve under-resourced and underserved communities.
Selected candidates will be eligible for the following benefits
- AU EGL is offering one (1) fully funded scholarship to one deserving candidate
- The AU EGL scholarship will cover all AU expenses including full tuition and accommodation
- This scholarship is offered for the first year an is then renewable for a total of 4 years subject to sufficient academic performance
- Applicants who apply and are not selected, and still wish to continue the application process may be offered a partial merit scholarship.
To apply, you must meet the following conditions.
- Applicants must be International non U.S. citizen, non U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- Preferred candidates ae International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges.
- The programme encouraged applicants from from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the programme.
- You must be eligible to receive a F-1 or J-1 student visa to study in the United States.
- Applicants must have completed and graduated from their High School / Secondary school.
- You must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.8 on a scale of 4.0 GPA or be in the top 10% of graduating class.
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school may apply provided that they will be graduating by June 2023.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- You must have sufficient English Language proficiency equivalent to the following scores
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 600+ paper-based TOEFL
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL
Eligible candidates will be required to apply for admission into AU and also apply for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. The application procedure involves the following steps
- Applicants must complete the online AU EGLS application
- During the application, you will be required to submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form, each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000.
- Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results to [email protected].
- You must then complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application. Please remembers to submit all the all supporting documents by deadline of December 15, 2022. A list of the required documents includes the following
- Your Academic records
- Recommendation letters
- English language proficiency Certificates
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here