Deadline : September 1, 2020
The Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research (OeAD) invites applications for the Ernst Mach grant award for eligible students and researchers from all around the world. The awards are open to Postgraduates, PhD students, PhD holders or Post docs students who wish to go to Austria and attend a Semester and/or one-year study/ research session at any university in Austria.
All Austrian universities are eligible to host Ernst Mach grant awardees for a research stay therefore applicants are advised to contact the university/ institution of their choice in Austria for further arrangements. The OeAD-GmbH/ICM on behalf of and financed by the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF)
Successfull applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- A Monthly grant rate will be availble fto participants as decribed below
- for graduates: EUR 1,050
- for graduates with a PhD degree: EUR 1,150
- You will recieve accommodation and health insurance for the period of your stay
- It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are:
- monthly rent: roughly EUR 250 to 600 (depending on the amenities)
- monthly administrative fee: EUR 18
- Exempt from pay tuition fees in Austria. You might however have to hand in a request at the rector’s office of their respective host university and demonstrate that they are studying or doing research in the context of transnational EU, national or university mobility programs.
- If you are a scholarship holders from non-European developing country, you will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. EUR 1,000 upon submission of original travel invoices.
- You must be a postgraduate student pursuing a doctoral/PhD programme outside Austria OR
- Applicants must be postgraduates and post-docs wishing to pursue research in Austria with a view to an academic career and who completed their studies at a university outside Austria after September 30th, 2018 OR
- You may be a post-doc who is working as a lecturer at a university outside Austria.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- You must have 35 years of age or younger (born on or after Oct. 1st, 1984).
- Applicants are expected to have Very good knowledge of English and/or German evident with language proficiency certificates
- The scholarship will only be granted for projects that can be completed within the scholarship period (max. 9 months).
Along with the application form that will be completed and submitted online, applicants will be required to submit the requested documents as described below
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers.Letters of recommendation must be official letters and must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.
- A consent of a lecturer at the University in Austrian accepting to supervise the applicant academically
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s passport (page with the name and photo)
- AScanned copy of your academic documents including your university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies
- only for PHD-students: confirmation, that proves your participation in a PHD-program at your home university
- only for postdoc-lecturers: confirmation that proves your employment at your home university
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here