Deadline : September 22, 2021
Apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program by the Government of Canada. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) program is administered and managed by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). This program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both Canadian as well as international students, who will demonstrate the passion to contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The Banting Postdoctoral invites applicants from Canada and outside Canada to apply for fellowships in the fields of Health Research, Natura Sciences and Engineering, as well as Social Sciences and Humanities. Through this fellowships program the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program aims to achieve the following outcomes
- They aim to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- The program works to develop the leadership potential of selected fellows
- Through this program, fellows will also be positioned for success as research leaders of tomorrow
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program offers up to 70 fellowships to eligible applicants
- Usually , the program can accommodate up to approximately 140 awards active at any time.
- Fellows will receive a program grant worth $70,000 per year for a period of 2 years
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants are accepted from both Canadian citizens and international applicants from countries outside Canada
- International non-Canadian applicants may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- For Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent foreign university, the program requires them to may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- If you are a Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and and have obtained your PhD, PhD-equivalent from a University in Canadian, your Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship may be held at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
Applications for the fellowships must be submitted using the online ResearchNet portal. you must contact your preferred participating institution/supervisor that you deem fit for your research. Candidates must confirm that the desired institution is eligible to host a Banting postdoctoral researcher. A list of Canadian Academic institutions and Universities along with their research areas is available on the program website
Applications as well as required documents can be submitted in either English or French. In order to initiate your application, you must register and create three (3) accounts described below
- ResearchNet account: This is a web-based application tool and funding opportunity/decision database that is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
- CIHR PIN: This is a unique personal identifier required to apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
- CCV account: This is a web-based tool that allows you to manage your CV data in a single repository and generate CVs as needed for all member organizations.
Up on creation of those accounts, you will then be able to proceed to the core process of applying which involves identifying you area of research, completing your academic information, Identify referees and finally submitting your application.
For other opportunities to study in Canada, Click here
For more information and apply, visit the official website here