Deadline: October 1, 2020
Apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program by the Government of Canada. The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is the administering agency of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) program and is responsible for the payment of award.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth. The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
The fellowship covers the following areas of research.
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Successfull applicants will recive the following scholaship benefits:
- 70 fellowships are awarded annually
approximately 140 awards are active at any time.
- The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year for 2 years
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
The application for the fellowship open June 1. To apply applicants are requested to follow the following application procedure:
- Confirm eligibility
- Contact your desired host institution
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application
- Start a ResearchNet application
- Identify area of research
- Identify prticipants
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Preview application materials
- Consent and submit application
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards
To apply, Click here