Deadline : August 20, 2021
Apply for the British Antarctic Survey EDI Internship Programme. The British Antarctic Survey, part of UK Research and Innovation – UKRI, is a world-leading centre for polar science and polar operations. The centre works to address issues of global importance and help society adapt to a changing world. BAS is offering several internship positions to qualified applicants to help fulfil its goals.
Selected interns will have the opportunity to immerse them selves in several opportunities that will help them develop scientific knowledge as well as valued skills and key experiences which may include. Your activities as an intern will include data collection and analysis, project management, report writing and Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI).
The programme aims to employ colleagues from across the globe, who have the ability and demonstrate the interest in contributing to their ethos of excellence. Prospective Interns are therefore welcome to apply to any of the available positions. Some internships will be conducted exclusively remote while others will require you to physically be present at the programme work office
Interns will receive the following benefits
- Selected internships will receive an annual salary worth £21,988 paid at pro rata rates.
- As an intern, You will be able to influence your experiences based upon your abilities and interest.
- The programme ensures that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
- Prospective interns must be enthusiastic, proactive and posses a strong scientific interests.
- Applicants generally must posses at least an upper-second class undergraduate degree or its equivalent.
- Different intern positions require different skills. However, in general, applicants should have a background in atmospheric or oceanic sciences, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, statistics or a related field.
- If you posses a programming experience and ability to handle large data sets, this will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must also posses Good computer skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Applications are submitted electronically using a monitoring form and an application email address. Applicants are requested to choose an internship programme of their choice, visit the specific webpage and confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria for the position.
Once you have chosen and verified that you meet the conditions for application for the position of your choice, you will then fill out a monitoring form
After completing the monitoring form, you will be required to send your CV and cover letter to Geraldine Hough: [email protected], with EDI Internship application in the email subject line.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here