Deadline : Various
Applications are open for the GREAT Scholarships for eligible applicants to help them undertake and complete a postgraduate degree at one of the participating universities in the UK. GREAT Scholarships are dedicated to citizen of Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Thailand, who are dreaming of studying for a postgraduate degree in the UK, but need help funding their studies
Every academic year, GREAT Scholarships offers up to eight scholarships from UK universities, across a variety of subjects for students from selected eligible countries. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course at a selected university of their choice in the United Kingdom
These scholarship are jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions and aim to help ambitious and passionate students reach for greater heights. For the academic year 2021, here are some of the participating universities
- Bournemouth University
- Teesside University
- University College London
- University of Essex
- University of Glasgow
- University of Northampton
- University of Reading
- University of York
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter
- University of Kent
- University of Warwick
- Selected applicants will receive a scholarship worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
- This amount varies with the applicant’s country of origin as well as the university to which they are applying for
- Applicants must visit their country specific webpages to see full scholarship details
In order to be selected for one of the following scholarships, you must fulfil the following applications conditions
- Applicants must be Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Thailand
- You must have obtained an undergraduate degree at the time of application, that will enable you to enter a taught postgraduate programme in a UK university
- Applicants are expected to be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course at their selected university
- active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- The language of instruction in the U.K is English, therefore you must meet the English language requirement of the UK university of your choice
- Applicants must be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
Follow the following steps in order to submit your application
- You must browse to your country specific webpage and go through al the eligible criteria specifically detailed for your country of origin
- You must then filter the universities listed by specific for your country and click on the university page to access detailed information about the scholarships on offer.
- Each university has detailed all the information and application procedure for different applicants form different countries
- You must then apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship is specific for each country and each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here