Deadline : October 29, 2021
The British Council presents the Study UK Alumni Awards 2021-22. These awards are destined to students and professionals who have studied in the UK within the last 15 years at one of the officially recognized institutions in the United Kingdom. The Study UK Alumni Awards intended to honour the outstanding achievements made by alumni who have studied at, or for a qualification awarded by, a UK Higher Education Institution.
All selected award finalists benefit from increased PR and press opportunities that raise their profile and share their success with international audiences. Winners of the global awards will be celebrated on a global scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity.
The British council presents 4 award categories
- Science and Sustainability Award: This award aims to appreciate alumni who have distinguished themselves through their career and achievements in the world of science and sustainability. Possible award recipients are those who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession in the areas of Climate action, clean energy, medicine, sustainable cities and communities, engineering, industry and construction.
- Culture and Creativity Award: This award aims to appreciate alumni who have proved them selves and carved a career for themselves in the areas of arts and culture, design, media, video, TV, music, bloggers, vloggers, Youtubers and the humanities.
- Social Action Award: The Award aims to Recognizing alumni who have demonstrated exceptional contribution and commitment by creating positive social change and improving the lives of others in areas of Reducing inequality, poverty and hunger, Education and upskilling, Peace and justice
- Business and Innovation Award: This award aims to appreciate those alumni who are active in initiating and contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities, that have the potential for growth. Possible award recipients are those who have made a contribution in the fields of Entrepreneurship, business, technology and finance.
Successful applicants will benefit in the following ways
- If you are among the selected award finalists, you will benefit from increased PR and press opportunities that will raise your profile and share your success with international audiences.
- Winners of the global awards will be celebrated on a global scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity.
- The winners will be celebrated digitally and will be awarded with return flights to the UK, to build their professional networks, raising their profiles and supporting their careers.
- British Council will provide you with the necessary supporting documents but cannot guarantee the outcome of your visa application.
You must fulfill the following application requirements in order to apply
- You must be living in a country other the UK to apply for this award program. All countries are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have studied in the UK within the last 15 years
- Candidates must have been enrolled at an officially recognized (178 institutions) or listed (679 institutions) UK higher education institution during their study time
- You must have studied either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a recognized or listed UK HEI, outside the UK.
- Alumni for professional short courses are only eligible if the course they studied was at degree level offered by a recognized UK institution in the UK (and they fulfill the rest of the criteria).
- All applicants, except global award winners, from the Alumni Awards in previous years may re-apply if they meet this year’s eligibility criteria. Winners from previous national level awards will be considered for global awards only.
- You must not be currently employed by the British Council or Gradcore.
Applications are open to all countries. eligible Alumni will be able to complete and submit their applications using the portal provided. The deadline for submitting your application is October 29, 2021
After the application deadline has passed, 30 applications in each region will be selected and shortlisted from all eligible applicants through several stages of judging.
Selection is done by internal and external judging panels involving British Council Regional Directors, Universities UK International, Chevening and Commonwealth, and UK universities
The final 4 global winners will be selected form the qualifying pool with each of the winners selected for each of the award categories
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here