Deadline : September 1, 2020 .
Apply for the CERN Graduate Junior Fellowship Programme in Switzerland 2020. The Programme is aimed at graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing and engineering with limited or no work experience, looking to work in a research group
Organization Profile:At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- An employment contract for between 6 months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 5,281 to 6,557 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (List here).
- You have graduated, or are about to graduate (within six months from the date of the committee), with a university degree (BSc or MSc level) and have no more than 4 years’ relevant experience after obtaining your degree. Kindly note that experience prior to the latest obtained degree will not be taken into account for the calculation of your overall years of experience.
- As a point to note, CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
You are advised to follow the following procedure in order to apply for the scholarship
- Complete the online application form
- submit the required documents
The following documents will be required to complete your application:
- A CV.
- Your most recent relevant qualification.
- Three recent letters of recommendation (not older than a year at the time of the deadline for applications), giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
To apply Click here