Deadline : October 18, 2022
Apply for the 2023/24 Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships for Study in United Kingdom. Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign under the Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). These scholarships are dedicated to candidates from eligible lower and upper middle income Commonwealth countries, enabling them to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university, which they wound never have afforded due to financial constraints
These Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships will enable talented, passionate and motivated applicants and students from eligible countries to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development back in their home countries. Targeted applicants are those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. On this basis, scholarships are offered under the following six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Recipients will receive full coverage for tuition fees for their selected degree programme at their preferred university in the UK
- You will receive a stipend worth £1,236 per month, or £1,516 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area to cover your living costs.
- The scholarship will provides you with a Warm clothing allowance when applicable
- You will be eligible for a Thesis grant going towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation towards the end of your studies
- The student’s cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas will be covered with a study travel grant
- A child allowance of £529 per month for the first child, and £131 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16 will be available for participants who are widowed, divorced, or a single parent who are accompanied by their children and they are living with them at the same address in the UK
- An approved airfare from and back to the student’s home country will be awarded
To apply, you must meet the following conditions
- Applicants for the scholarships must be citizens of a eligible Commonwealth country
- Students who have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country or are categorized as a British Protected Person may also apply
- The programme will prioritize students who are unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- You must be a permanent resident in an eligible Commonwealth country at the time of your application
- Candidates must be eligible for admission and be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023.
- Applicants must posses a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree (2:2)
- Students who posses a postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) and are applying for a second UK Master’s degree will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study if they are to receive funding.
Applicants must apply to a nominating agency/ organization in their respective countries, as well as to the CSC. Nominating agencies usually include, National nominating agencies as well as Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies (List on scholarship website)
You are therefore advised to complete the first step of you application by completing your application procedure required by the nominating agency from your country. This maybe then be followed by the Scholarship application using the CSC’s online application system. Applicants will need, among others, the following application documents
- A copy of your valid passport and/ or national ID card as proof of your citizenship or refugee status of an eligible Commonwealth country
- Applicants must submit their academic transcripts of records detailing all their previous higher education qualifications to date.
- You will need at least two reference letters from at least two individuals. Letters must be submitted directly by the referees to the online application system
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here