Deadline: July 31, 2020
Apply for the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance) 2021. The programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of good govern-ance and to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their professional life. If you are among good graduates with a first university degree, you have the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of your home country.
The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholar-ship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically ori-ented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social tensions. With this programme, DAAD intends to support the good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
Scholarship holders are expected to use the knowledge and experience acquired in Germany to contribute to establishing democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social disparities in their home countries. Thus, the DAAD programme should contribute to supporting good governance and civil society structures in the partner countries and regions
The students selected will receive a comprehensive scholarship.
- Scholarship of monthly 850 € for selected master ́s programmes at German institutions of higher education listed below.
- The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2021 and are taught in German and/or English.
- contributions to health insurance in Germany
- appropriate travel allowance
- study and research subsidy
- monthly rent subsidy where applicable
- allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable
- 6-months-German language course from April 2021 up to the end of September 2021.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be a very well qualified graduate with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) and want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of your home country or region. (List here)
- It is offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
- Have an Academic degree with far above average results (upper third)
- Have language skills (every university has different language proficiency requirements)
- Have political and social engagement
- Have a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motiva-tion for the study project in Germany
- Be expected benefit when returning to the home country or region Most recent university degree should be obtained in the last six years prior to the application for the scholarship.
Please note: Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline are not considered as eligible.
The Application opens June 1. To apply, follow the procedure below
- Fill in the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholar-ships
- Write a single letter of motivationfor both university courses you choose
- Send the DAAD scholarship form together with the letter of motivation and accompanied with the necessary documents
Below are the required Documents
- DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholar-ships (hand-signed, but electronically edited)
- Hand-signed and dated motivation letter (one single letter for both universities) containing a precise description of the applicants’ aca-demic/professional and personal reasons for choosing those mas-ter ́s programmes and universities (two pages maximum)
- Hand-signed and dated full curriculum vitae including information about the precise field of your studies, your political and social en-gagement and, if applicable, description of job experience
- Copy of acquired Academic Degrees (certified translation if neces-sary, please attach an explanation of the grading system)
- Copy of the transcript of records (certified translation if necessary)
- Recent language certificates (German and/or English)
- One letter of recommendation, signed and recently dated by your university professor or current employer, supplemented by an official letterhead, and stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
- If applicable certificates of employment to support relevant profes-sional experience mentioned in your CV by documentary evidence
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit Helmut-Schmidt-Programme.