Deadline : July 31, 2021
Apply for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance) 2022. This programme aims to empower and develop qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of good governance. Through this programme, selected future leaders will be prepared in a practice-oriented course for their professional life. The programme is open to good graduates with a first university degree, who display the passion and ability to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home communities.
The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany will enable scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social tensions. With this programme, DAAD intends to support the good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions. These Master’s level study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2022 and are taught in German and/or English.
Scholarship holders are expected to use the knowledge and experience acquired in Germany to contribute to establishing democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social disparities in their home countries. Thus, the DAAD programme should contribute to supporting good governance and civil society structures in the partner countries and regions
The students selected will receive a comprehensive scholarship including the following benefits.
- Scholarship recipients will receive a of monthly grant worth 850 € for selected their master’s programmes at German institutions of higher education
- The programme will offer contributions to your health insurance in Germany
- You will receive appropriate travel allowance for travel between your home country and Germany
- Scholars also receive study and research subsidy
- There is a monthly rent subsidy where applicable
- Selected applicants will also receive allowances for spouses and/or children in case this applies
- You will also attend a 6-months-German language course from April 2022 up to the end of September 2022.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must meet the following application conditions
- Scholarships are open to selected eligible countries (Please see full list here)
- Applicants must be well qualified graduate with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent)
- You must demonstrate the passion to actively contribute to the social and economic development of your home country or region
- The scholarship is open to both young graduates without professional experience as well as mid-career professionals.
- You must have achieved sufficient Academic grades with far above average results
- Applicants must posses sufficient language skills as may be demanded by the university they wish to enroll at.
- You most recent university degree should have been obtained in the last six years prior to the application for the scholarship.
Application for the 2022 academic year open on June 1, 2021. To apply, you are advised to follow the procedure below
- Fill in the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships indicating that you are applying for the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance) 2022.
- Write a single letter of motivation for two (2) university courses choices
- Send the DAAD scholarship form together with the letter of motivation and accompanied with the necessary documents to the higher education institutions you have selected
Below are the required Documents
- Your fully completed DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholar-ships (hand-signed, but electronically edited)
- Hand-signed and dated motivation letter (one single letter for both universities) containing a precise description of your academic and professional history as well as your reasons for choosing the degree programmes you are applying for
- Hand-signed and dated full curriculum vitae (Preferably a Europass fromat CV) including information about the precise field of your studies, your political and social experience
- Submit copies of your Academic Degrees and certificates plus copies of the transcripts of records, along with their English/ German translations.
- A language proficiency certificate for either German and/or English, depending on your course
- Request a letter of recommendation, signed and recently dated by your university professor or current employer
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here