Deadline : February 10, 2021
Applications for the DAAD In-Country In-Region Competitive Masters & PhD Scholarships are now open for applications to eligible applicants from participating countries and universities in Sub-Saharan Africa. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with several sub-Saharan African universities in selected countries is offering several In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for PhD and Master studies for the academic year 2021. The main aim of the DAAD sponsored program is to foster strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development.
These scholarships are awarded for development-related Master or doctoral studies to eligible candidates who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Every year, DAAD awards funding to Sub-Saharan African students who wish to study a full-time Master or PhD degrees. Applicants can pursue their degree program in their home country or in another Sub-Saharan African country as part of its In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme. In so doing, the programme has the ability to promote mobility of researchers between Sub-Saharan African countries and capacity building at Sub-Saharan African universities.
These Master and PhD scholarships in this programme are available for preselected degree programmes in development-related and SDG-oriented fields at selected Sub-Saharan African institutions. Please follow the link here to see in details participating host countries and universities as well as eligible programs at each university
Selected applicants will receive the following benefits
- You will receive coverage for tuition fees once a year amounting to a regular amount charged by your host university
- Recipients will receive study and research allowance annually worth 460 EUR for Master and 920 EUR for PhD degrees
- You will receive a printing allowance once at the end of your program worth 400 EUR for Masters and 800 EUR for PhD
- selected applicants will receive a monthly Scholarship to cover accommodation and food worth 240 EUR monthly for In-Country Masters, 380 EUR monthly for In-Region Masters, 280 EUR monthly for In-Country PhD and 430 EUR monthly for In-Region PhD.
- You will also receive a travel allowance if you are applying for the In-Region scholarship
- Your Health Insurance if you apply for the In-Region scholarship Will be administered by DAAD regional office
- You must be a national or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country in order to apply
- Candidates for these scholarships are generally graduates and postgraduates from any Sub-Saharan Africa with
- A first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme,
- Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country or in another Sub-Saharan African country .
- Applicants with Second Class/Upper Division three-year Bachelor’s university degree for Master candidates or a Second Class/Upper Division two-year university Master’s degree for doctoral candidates may apply
- The program encourages female applicants to apply as well as candidates from less privileged regions or groups
- You must clearly demonstrate motivation and strong commitment
- Applicants must have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Please note that your university degree must have been completed not more than 6 years ago aby the time of application
Applicants are requested to visit the webpages provided for each participating university to get the full details of the application process, application requirements are deadlines for application. Applicants will have the opportunity to either study in their home countries (In-Country for masters and PhD) or in another country other than their home country (In-Region for masters and PhD)
any other information needed for application is provided by participating institutions. therefore you are advised to visit their websites for more details. Applicants for East African Institutions must apply by December 15, 2020 and those applying for West African Countries must apply by February 0, 2021
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here