Deadline : various
Apply for the DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Courses. The German Academic Exchange Service – DAAD scholarships are dedicated to foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries. These scholarships are offered graduates from all disciplines, who have accumulated at least two years of professional experience. Recipients will have the opportunity to study for a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases, a doctoral degree as well.
With this programme and its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD aims to promote and train specialists from development and newly industrialized countries. Graduates will use the knowledge they would have acquired to contribute to sustainable development of their countries, as these are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend worth of 850 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- The scholarship amount is intended to cover your health, accident and personal liability insurance costs
- You will also receive financial assistance to cover your travel expenses from and back to your home country
- Scholars, under special circumstances may also receive extra funding in form of monthly rent subsidy and monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Scholarships are dedicated to applicants from the following countries (See full list here)
- You must meet the necessary academic requirements for admission into your preferred participating degree programme at a university in Germany.
- Candidates must have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in development related subjects
- Applicants must have accumulated at least two years’ professional experience at the time of application
- You must posses that passion and motivation to successfully complete a study programme at a University in Germany.
- Applicants must be working in either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country.
- Your roles must include engaging in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies, having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- For studies in English, you must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency with IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
- Those who wish to conduct studies in German, the scholarship includes a preparatory 6-month German language course in Germany, with an expected result of DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course.
Applications for the scholarships must be submitted directly to the participating German institution where you wish to undertake your studies. Please note that deadlines and programmes are different for every institution. you are therefore advised to look at the list of all participating institutions here, for supplementary application information.
Applicants may apply for up to three courses, listing them in order of priority in the DAAD application forms. You application file will include the following documents
- A fully completed and signed DAAD application form with current date
- Your most recent and signed CV
- A well written and signed Letter of Motivation centered around your current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s),
- Request a Letter of recommendation from your current employer written on the company letterhead, signed and stamped with the current date
- You must provide certificates of Employment from your company showing proof of at least two years of relevant working experience
- Include your proof of Language proficiency as specified in the eligibility criteria
- You must submit copies of Academic Degrees and Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale. Documents which where not issued in English must be accompanied with officially certified translations
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here