Deadline : October 30, 2020
Applications are open for the MSc programme in Tropical and International Forestry at the Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology, University of Göttingen. The MSc programme in Tropical and International Forestry focuses on sustainable management and conservation of forest ecosystems worldwide. The program is specially dedicated to research sustainable management and conservation of forests especially in the tropical and subtropical forests of developing or emerging countries offering a research-based education in the field of forest sciences and forest ecology.
This MSc programme is dedicated to students interested in pursuing an international career in forestry, nature conservation, ecosystem research or in development organizations at the university, with the aim of enhancing their understanding of the current trends in management and conservation as well as laying ground for research in this filed of study.
The study contents of the new MSc programme Forest and Ecosystem Sciences provide hands-on approaches to tackle burning current issues such as global change, climate warming, land use change, species loss and biodiversity treats. The studies cover ecosystems analysis and modelling with in-dept training in advanced programming, data analysis as well as theoretical ecology and practical conservation management.
- Please note that the University does not charge tuition fees from students, therefore the costs are relatively low
- However, the university charges different fees amounting to around 380 EUR per semester.
- These fees include a prepaid semester ticket that entitles students to use regional trains (in Lower Saxony and Bremen) and city buses in Göttingen free of charge.
- You will also receive discounts for cultural events. Meals and drinks are also available at reduced prices at all university canteens.
- DAAD Scholarship: Applicants who fulfill the DAAD scholarship requirements will be awarded the DAAD scholarship for the whole study period
If you wish to me considered for admission, you must fulfill the following requirements
- You must posses a professional degree i.e, BSc or equivalent in forestry or a related field (e.g., agriculture, geography)
- Applicants must posses very good to good results conferred by an institute of higher education or a similar qualification
- You must make sure that you have the required proficiency in English (TOEFL or IELTS)
DAAD Scholarship Specific requirements
- You must be working at either a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country
- Applicants must have at least two years of related professional experience
- Your respective academic degrees should not be more than 6 years old
You will have to register online by completing the application form for both admission and DAAD scholarship and uploading your documents along with them. Please note that all certificates must be translated into English or German if they are not issued in these languages
- The Diploma (s) of the applicant in certified German or English translations if the originals are not in English or German
- You most recent curriculum vitae (Europass) in table form in English with a meaningful presentation of the educational background.
- An indication of the intended major field of study
- Proof of sufficient language skills or evidence of such skills for English and/or German. for English: English – IELTS (Band 6) or TOEFL (min. 81)
- The application form (an automatically generated PDF that summarizes the online application entries, which is sent to your email address)
DAAD Scholarship Specific documents
- The DAAD application form (green form)
- A recent photograph attached to the application forms
- Detailed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate program (s), two pages maximum
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer on a letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date.
- Letter of recommendation from your university teacher on a letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date.
- Certificate (s) of Employment from the employer (s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here