Deadline : May 22, 2020 .
Apply for the EANBiT Masters in Bioinformatics Scholarships 2020/21. EANBiT will offer 12 highly competitive fellowships for the MSc. in Bioinformatics for the 2020-2021 academic year (up to FOUR at each of the participating universities). The fellowships are to cover a maximum of two years of study, including both course work and the thesis work. The 2020/21 EANBiT fellowships are open to nationals of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania only.
The Eastern Africa Network for Bioinformatics Training (EANBiT) is a collaborative network supported by Fogarty International Center of the National Institutes of Health (FIC-NIH, USA) under Award Number U2RTW010677 with supplementary co-funding from the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL). EANBiT has three Universities; Pwani University, Makerere University and Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences(MUHAS), and four Research Institutes; International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology(icipe), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP), Biosciences eastern and central Africa-International Livestock Research Institute (BecA-ILRI hub) and Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI).
EANBiT aims to develop a critical mass of practitioners in this region who can develop and utilize Bioinformatics approaches to Biosciences. The focus over the 5-year period of this phase of the project is to enhance bioinformatics training at Masters level and increase the size and quality of the pool of potential PhD students and researchers.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- The network will provide full scholarships for MSc Fellows in the 2020 academic year and will cover:
- University tuition fees for the entire course,
- A stipend to cover reasonable living expenses.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- The EANBiT fellowships are open to nationals of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania only.
- Applicants must meet each of the separate university admission requirements for the MSc degree.
Rate this Post
User Review( votes)
Applicants should submit the required documents during the application process.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including any relevant research work and experience
- A one-page letter of motivation explaining why one wants to pursue an MSc. in Bioinformatics
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and degree certificate
- Contacts of at least two referees
To apply Click here