Deadline : November 30, 2020
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships to selected applicants covering travel and living expenses. The program welcomes applicants from from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
The programme aims at enhancing the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their countries of origin. The continuing education programmes mainly intended for academically trained specialists and managers who work for private and public enterprises in research, teaching or consulting
Applicanst will have a chance to choose courses from 4 main domains covering differeent specific study periods
- Health, Life & Natural Science
- Technology, Management & Innovation
- Public Policy & Governance
- Environment, Infrastructure & Architecture
Successful applicants will have the following costs covered by the scholarship:
- An economy roundtrip ticket for your flight to and from your country of residence (max. 2’000 CHF)
- All Visa fees and costs will be covere by the scholarship
- You will recieve a living allowance for the duration of your chosen programme
- There will be an ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester) for applicants for their courses of interest
Please note: The programme will not cover costs including fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS and general application fee of the School for Continuing Education
You must satisfy the following applicantion conditions in order to be considered for yhe program
- Applicants for the scholarship are candidates from countries classified as Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries according to the DAC-list of the OECD. (Please see list here)
- You must have completed a recognized Master’s degree from a university by the time of application
- Applicants are expected to have professional working experience of at least 2 years supported by proof.
- You are required to have a minimal English standard of atleast TOEFL level C1.
- Applicants re required to apply first and be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office before submitting their application for the scholarship.
You will be required to apply for your program of choice ate ETH before submitting your application for the program. List of available courses and procedure for application are available on the website link below. The application for the scholarship will require the following documents
- A fully completed application form
- Your ost recent CV
- You will need to submit your MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- A 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond.
- Applicants are required to submit two professional references
- Your Formal admission letter fo the program you applied for issued by the School for Continuing Education that confirms that you are admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme.
- An English proficiency certificate as proof for your English level
- You will need your employer Certificate of employment sent to the E4D programme office directly through the employer
After filling your application and collecting the required documents, you must then send the whole package to [email protected] before the application deadline
To download the application form, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here