Deadline : November 30, 2020
Apply for the EU Traineeships in the European Parliament. The European Parliament offers two types of traineeships twice a year on an annual basis namely: The Traineeships in the Secretariat normally referred to as the Schuman traineeships and Traineeships with Members of the European Parliament
The Schuman Traineeships are fully paid traineeships offered twice a year which take place in one of the European Parliament’s official places of work namely, Brussels, Luxembourg and Strasbourg or in its Liaison Offices in the Member States. Named after Robert Schuman one of the main architects of the European integration project, The Schuman traineeship aims to enhance the education and your vocational training of its participants. The Schuman traineeships may be undertaken in a wide variety of fields, such as EU internal and external policies, finance, law, multilingualism, administration, infrastructure and logistics, communication or IT.
The Members of the European Parliament paid traineeships are offered by Members of the European Parliament at their offices in the headquarters of the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg. The traineeship aim to allow participants better understand the working methods of the Members of the European Parliament.
- The travel allowance is a flat-rate amount of EUR 250 per trainee.
- Monthly grant ranging from 700 EUR to 1,800 EUR per month
Traineeships with Members of the European Parliament
- Trainees are awarded a monthly grant of between EUR 816 and EUR 1 339 for a full-time traineeship.
To apply for a Schuman traineeship, you must fulfill the following conditions
- You must be be aged 18 or over at the time of application
- Applicants are nationals of a Member State of the European Union or an EU candidate country
- You must hole a university level degree in order to apply;
- Applicants are required to have a thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a very good knowledge of a second
- You must not have any criminal record
To apply for a traineeships with Members of the European Parliament, you must fulfill the following conditions
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over at the time of application
- You must be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or an EU candidate country however, Members may offer a traineeship to nationals of third countries, provided they comply with visa requirements
- Applicants must have obtained a secondary-school leaving certificate corresponding to the level required for entry to university have obtained a university diploma
- You must have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union
In order to be considered for the traineeships, you must register and then apply for the fellowship
- You must visit the Traineeship offers main page;
- Applicants must then select an offer that they would like to apply for
- They should fully complete the New registration form with their personal data.
- You must visit the application page
- Applicants must then select an offer that they would like to apply for;
- They should log in and submit the requited documents
- You ID/Passport
- The applicant’s University diplomas and certificates
- A recent Criminal Record
- Your most recent my in Europass Format
- A motivation letter per traineeship offer of maximum one page
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here