Deadline: June 15, 2020
Applications are open for the The European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) traineeship program 2020. The traineeships are based at the Institute’s premises in Vilnius, Lithuania will last up to six months for graduates who are either nationals of an EU member state or an EFTA country or an IPA qualifying country.
EIGE is a regulatory agency of the European Union (EU) entrusted with specific objectives envisaged to contribute to, and strengthen the promotion of gender equality.
The Institute collects and analyses comparable and reliable information at EU level and develops appropriate methodological tools for the integration of gender equality into all EU policies. It fosters the exchange of good practices and dialogue between stakeholders and raises awareness on gender equality. It also provides technical assistance to EU institutions, in particular the European Commission and the authorities of the Member States.
In the course of its work to promote and strengthen gender equality, EIGE supports policy makers with high quality data relevant to their work.
The traineeships aim principally to:
- provide on the job training experience in key areas of the Institute’s work;
- extend and apply knowledge acquired in the course of studies or working life;
- provide practical working knowledge of EU agencies and institutions;
- enable trainees to acquire work experience in an EU agency context.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- The traineeship is supported by a monthly grant equivalent to €880.
- Successful applicants will receive a travel allowance as well
- The traineeships are open to applicants who have not previously undertaken a traineeship in another EU institution or body.
- Applicants must have a recognised university degree evidencing completion of a full cycle of study.
- Applicants should have some initial experience either in issues related to gender equality obtained either through specialisation as part of the applicant’s studies for a university degree, or a dissertation or other research project conducted via a previous traineeship or otherwise through relevant professional experience.
- Applicants must have fluent English, both spoken and written, an excellent knowledge of at least one other EU language as well as computer skills applicable to a Windows environment.
To apply, you are advised to follow the following procedure:
- You must submit your application electronically using EIGE’s application form to [email protected] with the subject title as your name and reference number of the traineeship.
- The application must be completed in English, the working language of the Institute. All parts of the application form must be completed in full.
- Submit all the supporting documents including proof of nationality, diplomas, academic qualifications, employment certificates as applicable, insurance policy for sickness and accident during the period of the traineeship, medical certificate indicating work fitness, etc. – needed to prove that they satisfy all admission conditions.
Application form, Click here