Deadline : December 10, 2020
Applications for the The European Space Agency (ESA) Student Internship Program 2021 are now open for application. Are you about to take your finals or already have a Master’s degree or equivalent? Are you looking for exciting opportunities within the space sector and in STEM?
you are invited to apply for the European Space Agency (ESA) Student Internship Program. This high-caliber programme runs every year and lasts for six months giving participants opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience in the development and operation of space missions in an international and multicultural environment.
Due to this year’s special covid-19 circumstances, this year’s student internships programme will be offered remotely with exceptions for only special cases (for example, where access to a laboratory is essential) where opportunities be hosted on site. Selected interns for this program will therefore telework from their places of residence guided and instructed virtually by their tutors who will accompany them throughout the duration of the internship by digital means
Usually, internship Opportunities are available in engineering, science, IT, natural science, social science, business and administration services. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and learn. The European Space Agency is Europe’s gateway to space with its main mission being, to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organization with 22 Member States.
- Student internships last from three to six months. You will gain valuable experience that could open doors to a career within Europe’s space sector, renowned research institutes or, of course, ESA.
- You will get a monthly allowance of €600 for non-residents and €300 for resident
- In 2021, students selected for remote internships will receive a monthly allowance of €300 irrespective of their place of residence.
- You must be a student in the final year of a Master’s degree at a university or equivalent institute, or have recently graduated for an eligible Master’s degree program.
- You’re required to have completed your Master’s degree by the time you start work at ESA.
- Eligible candidates are citizen of one of the following ESA Member States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. OR
- Are nationals from Slovenia as an Associate Member, or Canada as a Cooperating State, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovakia as European Cooperating States
- You must be maintain your student status and be enrolled at university for the entire duration of the internship.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are in their final or second-to-last year of a university course at masters level (or equivalent) in a technical or scientific discipline.
Once you make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria, you will have to browse the available student internship opportunities directly on the recruitment website. The EAC internships can be found under the establishment ESOC when filtering. You will then apply to your preferred internship opportunity by creating your own candidate profile and completing the required information. To increase your chances of getting an internship opportunity, follow the following guidelines
- Remember to give yourself the best advantage possible by selecting the opportunity most in line with your educational background and interests.
- Share your motivation, interests and enthusiasm in your motivation letter while keeping it clear and concise
- Carefully answer the questions in the application form as these are important for the selection committee to learn more about your profile and your application.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here