Deadline : September 20, 2021
Applications are ow open for the Facebook Fellowship Program for International PhD students. This fellowship program aims to support PhD students from different fields of study explore new possibilities and develop their skills in their selected field of study. The global program is particular designed to encourage and support highly achieving and promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university from around the world.
Eligible applicants are those who are currently pursuing a PhD study program in any year at an accredited university. If selected for this fellowship program, you will receive two years of paid tuition and fees, along with a $42,000 annual stipend to cover your daily living and support and cover costs related to conference travel. Fellows will also have a unique opportunity in form of a paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit.
Here below is a list of available fellowships for the 2022 program.
- AI System HW SW Co-Design
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- Augmented Reality Audio
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Computational Social Science
- AR/VR Human Computer Interaction
- Database Systems
- AR/VR Human Understanding
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- AR/VR Perception, Cognition, and Action
- Distributed Systems
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Audio Presence
- Economics and Computation
- Human Computer Interaction – Social Media, People, & Society
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Technology Policy Research
If you are selected for the fellowship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected applicants will receive Tuition and fees paid for up to two years or four semesters.
- You will receive an annual stipend worth $42,000 to cover your daily living and conference travel costs.
- As part of the program, selected Fellows will be invited on a paid visit to the Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park for the annual Fellowship Summit.
- During the summit you will engage with other winners, Facebook Researchers with ho you will have the opportunity to share your current research and ideas.
To apply, you must meet the following eligibility conditions
- You must be currently enrolled as a PhD scholar at an accredited University in any country around the world.
- Applicants must still be enrolled at their home university at the time of commencement of the fellowship.
- You must be doing your research in a field related to one of the fellowships listed above.
- Fellows must remain enrolled full-time for the entire duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students who are currently being funded by Facebook through any other scholarship or sponsorship scheme may not apply for this program.
- The program encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences and most especially those from under-represented minority groups, to apply.
Interested and eligible applicants are requested to submit their applications using the online form provided. Your application will be evaluated based on the strength of your submitted research statement, academic and publication record and the submitted recommendation letters.
To compete your application, you will be required to submit the following documents
- Applicants must submit a 500-word research summary stating their area of focus.
- You must request two (2) letters of recommendation, with one of the letters written by your academic advisor.
Please note that the application deadline for the fellowship program is September 20, 2021
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here