Deadline : February 15, 2021
Applications can now be submitted for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool Program in Finland. The Finnish National Agency for Education offers several Scholarship programmes for Doctoral-level studies and research in Finland from selected countries. The agency offers scholarships for foreign Doctoral level students to be invited to Finland for various research based academic programmes. Through these scholarship programmes, the agency aims to support the internationalisation of research by forging links and encouraging academic mobility between institutions of higher education in Finland and abroad.
The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool grants in particular are intended for doctoral level post-graduate studies and research in Finnish universities and public research centers. Candidates for this scholarship must be citizens and residents of selected countries. These scholarships are based on bilateral agreements between Finland and other countries including, Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Peru, Republic of Korea, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay and USA
There is usually one application deadline every year and applicants must follow the call for applications that is sent to each participating country during September, calling for scholarship applications for the academic year starting in the autumn of the following year. Therefore, interested applicants should submit their applications to the scholarship authorities in their own country by the national application deadline set by these countries.
- The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool Program in Finland scholarship grant can be awarded for 3 to 9 months at a selected university in Finland.
- Selected participants will receive a grant worth 1,500 euros/month to cover the living costs of only one person in Finland.
- The scholarship period cannot be extended, so any additional funding needed must be acquired from other sources.
- Please note that travel expenses to Finland and within Finland as well as insurance and visa costs will not be covered
Applicants interested to apply for the scholarship must meet the following eleigible criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of participating countries that have a bilateral agreements with Finland and other countries. (Please see list here)
- You have been pre-approved to carry out research relating to a doctoral level thesis or
- must have been invited as a doctoral student in a Finnish university or a public research center.
- Applicants must posses a letter of invitation from a supervisor in a Finnish university or a research center
- You have not already studied or worked in a Finnish university for more than a year immediately before the planned start of the scholarship period.
- You must demonstrate that you have sufficient proficiency in English with an official language test (IELTS, TOEFL) and can attach a certificate for this in your application form.
- Some universities may asses and determine that you don’t need a language test and that your language skills sufficient for research and studies in a university in Finland.
Applicants must submit their applications to national authorities in their home countries and authorities which will make the pre-selection for eligible qualified candidates. After a pre-selection, the authorities in their countries will put forward a maximum of 10 applications to EDUFI at the latest by 15 February or the nearest weekday to this date
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here