Deadline : June 6, 2023
The French Institutes for Advanced Study (FIAS) Fellowship Programme invites applications from suitable candidates for several fellowship positions in France. These are 10-month fellowships hosted at Six(6) Institutes of Institutes of Aix-Marseille, Loire Valley (Orléans-Tours), Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes and Paris. Applicants for these fellowships must be high-level international scholars and scientists from fields of the social sciences and the humanities (SSH).
Fellowships will commence from from September 1, 2024, to June 30, 2025 lasting a duration of 10 months. Fellows will be working on projects in various disciplines and themes in the social sciences and humanities. Preferred projects are those that aim to address societal challenges and/ or offer innovative insights into the functioning of humans and societies.
As a FIAS fellows you will benefit from the support and conducive scientific environment offered by the IAS, in an interdisciplinary cohort of fellows and in close relation to the local research potential. The fellows will be free to organize their work and conduct research as they wish. FIAS offers to experienced SSH researchers from all over the world 28 fellowships of 10-months per year.
Selected fellows will receive the following benefits
- Fellows will receive living allowance (min. net 2,700€ per month),
- You will also receive social security coverage.
- Fellows will be provided with accommodation for the entire duration of he programme.
- You will also be eligible for a research and training allowance,
- The fellowship will provide coverage for travel expenses during their stay in France.
- The FIAS Fellowship programme is open to Researchers from all countries around the world
- Applicants however must not have spent more than 12 months in France during the three years, at the time of application.
- Prospective fellows for the programme must be outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists.
- Applicants must have a PhD and at least 2 years of research experience at the time of the application.
- Scholars who posses a Master and at least 6 years of full-time research experience will also be considered for the fellowship programme.
- Applicants must be able to secure a letter of collaboration from a university or research institution based in France.
Applications for the fellowships are submitted online using the online application portal on the programme website. To complete your application, you will be requested to submit the following information.
- Your latest detailed curriculum vitae with a comprehensive list of publications
- Applicants must submit a copy of their diploma
- You must also include a detailed research proposal of maximum 5 pages and a bibliography of maximum 1 page.
- Provide a selection of three to five publications
- Optionally, you may also submit up to two letters of recommendation
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here