Deadline : October 31, 2020
Apply for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students. The scholarship is aimed for applicants from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe who wish to study in Germany. Students in any subject area are eligible to apply provided that they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany, are committed to the values of social democracy and live by them.
Each year, a number of up to 40 students are awarded the Friedrich Ebert Foundation scholarship. These scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship.
The major target for this scholarship is particularly gifted students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe who show excellent promise for an academic or professional career. Recipients of the scholarship program are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy through out and after the program.
If selected to this program, you will receive the following benefits
- You will receive a monthly base amount of EUR 750 for a Bachelor’s, Diploma, Magister or state examination programme or EUR 850 for a Master’s course.
- In addition to the monthly stipend, you will receive coverage for costs for health insurance.
- Scholars with a child receive a family allowance worth EUR 276.
- You must be an excellent student from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Applicants must secure or have secured admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany
- You are required to have sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English.
- The German proficiency level required is least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute
- First-year students (Germans and foreign students with education) may apply before or at the beginning of the first semester and need two expert opinions from teachers for the further application process
You will be required to fill out the online application. Through this process you will be required to answer a few questions about your professional and family background
- If you are eligible for a scholarship, we will request additional documents from you by e-mail:
- Two recommendation letters from university lecturers as well as information about your previous training and your socio-political commitment .
- First-year students (not master’s students) in their first semester submit two reports from former teachers.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here