Deadline : August 3, 2020 .
Application are open for teh Commonwealth Professional Fellowships. These scholarships are for intended for mid-career professionals from low and middle income Commonwealth countries. Sucessfull applicants will spend between six weeks and three months at a seleted UK Host organisation working in their sector on a programme of professional development through out the whole program.
The major aim of the scheme is to provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces. The scheme is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and aims to provide talented and motivated professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector.
This year, there are several fellowships being offered offered under six development themes
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Successful applicants turned fellows will receive the following benefits during throughout the program
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK
- Stipend/ living allowance payable monthly for the duration of the award. These stipends are valued at the rate of £1,696 per month, or £2,104 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area.
- In case you happen to have a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC.
- You will receive an arrival allowance of up to £953.45 at current rates, including an element for warm clothing
- Standard visa application fee will be reimbursed
- A flat rate contribution of £800 to the costs of the Host organisation relating to the administration and support of the Fellow, setting up of appropriate meetings, any materials required, and incidental travel for the Fellow during the award and any others that fall under this category ).
- All fees and costs associated with Fellows attending short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organisations where this forms an integral part of the Programme.
To be eligible for the fellows program, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Must be in employment at the time of application that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of application)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Applicants are permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- You should have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience
- You should be available to undertake the Fellowship for the whole period reserved for the fellowship (between 1 February 2021 and 15 March 2021)
Applicants are advised to follow the following application procedure in order to submit their applications successfully
- Step 1: Prospective Host organisations must first submit an application to CSC through our online application form. As part of the application process the Host organisation will be asked to provide documentation to show they meet the eligibility requirements as well as a detailed description of the programme of work fellows will undertake whilst in the UK.
- Step 2: Applications from Host organisations will be reviewed with results communicated to all organisations who applied. Selection at this stage allows the Host organisation to recruit and nominate prospective fellows.
- Step 3: Details of all programmes will be published on the CSC website and prospective Fellows will be invited to apply for a programme using the CSC’s online application form.
- Step 4: Following the application deadline the prospective Fellows’ applications will be shared with Host organisations through the CSC’s cloud-platform. Host organisations will choose between two and five candidates from the applications received to nominate to the Commission. Nomination of prospective fellows does not guarantee that they will be successful.
- Step 5: Applications from nominated fellows will be considered by the selection committee and the Commission will make the final selections of individual Fellows. At least two references must be submitted for each Fellow, one of which must be from their current employer. Any applications for which references are not received by the reference closing date will be considered ineligible.
To apply, Click here