Deadline : August 31, 2021
Apply for the Germany Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships for applicants form selected countries. The IPS programme runs for a period of up to five months Usually from 1 March to 31 July. This programme comprises of a number of activities including special events, seminars as well as a work placement with a Member of the German Bundestag.
The major aim of this programme is to promote relations between participating countries and Germany, to strengthen democratic will and tolerance, to deepen an understanding of cultural diversity and to safeguard a peaceful living together in the world. A total of about 120 scholarships for young graduates from 50 nations are offered under this programme
Programme Structure: The programme is made up of a theoretical part on parliamentary democracy, plural society and culture of remembrance, in form of workshops , seminars and lectures. This theoretical part is supplemented by academic courses from the Free University of Berlin, the Humboldt University of Berlin and the Technical University of Berlin
The programme also hosts a practical part which includes a three-month internship in a parliamentary office in which scholarship holders are familiarized with the various tasks of a parliamentary office.
Successful applicants will receive several from this scholarship program as described below
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth up to EUR 500 to cover your personal expenses
- All selected participants will be provided with free accommodation
- The programme also covers costs involved with health, accident and liability insurances
- Scholarship holders will receive allowance for their inbound and return journey
As a general eligibility criteria, Scholarships are open to the eligible applicants who meet the following qualifications:
- To apply, you must hold a higher education degree (First degree or Bachelors)
- Applicants must be citizens/ nationals of the selected participating countries (Please see full list here)
- You must demonstrate very good German language skills corresponding to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 at the time of commencement of the programme.
- Candidates who hold dual citizenship with one of the eligible countries are also welcome to apply.
Applications for this scholarship programme are submitted via email using the address specific to your country. Please note that the deadline for application is different for each country, therefore visit your country specific webpage to see the deadline for application.
Your application will require you to submit the following odcuments
- Download and fill and sign the Application form (to be filled in German)
- A well written motivation letter of no more than 2 pages, written German and signed by hand.
- Your University certificates and Diplomas (original or officially certified copy in German or English, scanned).
- Proof of very good German language skills of at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Request two (2) letters of recommendation to be issued in German or English. One of the letters must be from a university lecturer or from the employer
- Submit a recent photo as an image file
- You must also include a Copy of the passport or copy of the ID card
You application portfolio must be sent by mail to the address specified under the application details on your country specific webpage
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here