Deadline: January 1, 2021
Apply for the Germany Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships for applicants form selected countries. The IPS programme lasts upt to five months (Usually from 1 March to 31 July) and involves a number of special events, seminars and a work placement with a Member of the German Bundestag.
A total of about 120 scholarships for young graduates from 50 nations are awarded every year by the German Federal Parliament . Successful applicants are invited to Berlin for a period of five months as they take part in events and seminars during this time and complete a work placement with a member of the Bundestag.
The major aim of this programme is to promote relations between participating countries and Germany, to strengthen democratic will and tolerance, to deepen an understanding of cultural diversity and to safeguard a peaceful living together in the world.
Successful applicants will benefit from a scholarship program as described below
- A monthly stipend of up to EUR 500 per month
- All selected participants will be provided with free accommodation
- health, accident and liability insurances
- allowance for the scholar’s inbound and return journey
As a general eligibility criteria, Scholarships are open to the eligible applicants who meet the following qualifications:
- Applicants must hold a higher education degree
- Applicants must be citizen of the following countries :Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Chile, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Palestinian Territories, Poland, Romania, the Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and the United States.
- very good German language skills (corresponding to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- under 30 years of age at the time of commencement of the sponsorship
- professional goal: work in the public sector of the home country (media, parties, associations, civil service etc.)
To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to follow the following procedure.
- Application form filled in in German and signed by hand (pp. 5, 6, 8, 9)
- detailed application justification in German and signed by hand (no more than two pages)
- Graduation certificate (original or officially certified copy in German or English, scanned). In justified cases, proof of the degree can be submitted later. The original or the officially certified copy in German or English of the degree certificate must be submitted for the selection interview,
- Very good German language skills (at least level B 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) can be demonstrated: by an official language certificate, not older than two years
- two letters of recommendation in German or English (not older than one year), one from a university lecturer or from the employer, in which the applicant’s professional qualifications for the IPS are assessed on official letterhead of the issuing institution,
- an application photo as an image file (JPEG or other common image format)
- Copy of the passport or copy of the ID card
- To apply, Click here