Deadline : October 15, 2022
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation through the German Chancellor Fellowship Program is searching for the leaders of tomorrow. The German Chancellor Fellowships program offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany irrespective of your field of work. Applicants are usually graduates who posses initial leadership experience. As a fellow, you will have the opportunity to implement a self-chosen project that supports your career development, is societally relevant and has a lasting public impact
This fellowship programme is under the patronage of the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany and is financed by the Federal Foreign Office. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 60 German Chancellor Fellowships every year, of which up to ten go to prospective leaders from each of the six eligible countries.
This fellowship is dedicated to prospective leaders. You will spend a year in Germany exploring new solutions to the global issues of our times and widening your networks. The programme will help you network with international future leaders in Germany to find new answers to the global issues of our time. Through the programme international collaboration, you will receive financial support regarding your travel and accommodation expenses
If selected as a fellow, you will be eligibel for the following benefits
- You will receive a monthly fellowship grant worth 2,000 euros to 2,600 euros, amount the will depend on your training and career level.
- Fellows will attend an intensive language course before they begin their fellowship, all funded by the fellowship
- You will receive individual support during your stay in Germany.
- In case you have an accompanying family member, you will receive additional financial support for expenses related to travel expenses, private health insurance or for an additional German language course.
- You will attend joint events bringing you professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society.
- The fellowship will involve several networking activities that are aimed to enable you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organize smaller network formats with other fellows.
- Fellows will also enjoy a two-week study tour through Germany as well along with several other events where they can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions
- At the end of the fellowship, you will be eligible for an extensive alumni sponsorship, dedicated to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
- Applicants must be national/ Citizens of eligible participating Countries. (Full list of Countries here)
- You must posses a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent by the beginning of the fellowship.
- Applicants should be working in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture
- You must have contacted and received confirmation from a supervision, from one of the host institutions in Germany
- Candidates must be able to come up with a project plan which must draw up with coordination with their host supervisor.
- Applicants are required to have Initial proven leadership experience
- You must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in either German or English proficiency
Applicants are advised to contact a hosting isntitution and find a host supervisor bfore they start their application. You are advised to discuss the details of your project with your chosen host before you apply.
You must then submit the fellowship application using the online portal provided. The application will also require you to submit the following application documents
- A letter of motivation detailing the leadership experience you already have and what your career goals are
- Your project plan developed by you and agreed on with your intended host
- Request two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here