The German Chancellor Fellowship for tomorrow's leaders (Fully Funded)
Deadline: September 15, 2020
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow. The German Chancellor Fellowship offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work.
In order to apply, develop your own project idea and find the host of your choice to mentor you. Once your host has confirmed, you can apply for a fellowship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students, Ph.D. students (and Postdocs) for at least two reasons: First, the summer school will deliver high-quality lectures and tutorials on professional spatial data analysis, and secondly to support international collaboration, international participants (students and PhD students) will be supported financially regarding their travel and accommodation expenses.
- a monthly fellowship of €2,170, €2,470 or €2,770, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- allowance for research costs amounting to 500 EUR per month for the hosts in Germany
- lump sum for the fellow’s travel to and from Germany if these costs are not borne by a third party
- allowances for family members accompanying the fellow to Germany for a minimum of three months (up to 346 EUR a month for marital partners and up to 274 EUR a month for each child)
- German courses in the fellow’s own country prior to the stay in Germany as well as during the stay in Germany to intensify the knowledge of German acquired during the intensive language course
- Europe allowance for a stay of one to two months at an institute in Europe (not, however, in the fellow’s own country) if such a stay is necessary to conduct the project in question
- extensive alumni sponsorship after the stay in Germany has been completed successfully, in particular, to promote networking with the collaborative partners in Germany during the alumni’s entire professional careers
- The applicant must be a national of Brazil, China, India, Russia or the United States.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship
- A confirmation of supervision by the host in Germany
- A project plan which candidates must draw up on their own and coordinate with their host.
- Initial proven leadership experience
- German or English proficiency
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is the patron of this fellowship programme. The Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships annually – up to ten for each country.
You will need to submit the following documents during your application.
- a letter of motivation a project plan;
- candidates must draw up their project plan independently and discuss it with their intended host prior to application a detailed statement, including confirmation of supervision, by the host in Germany
- two references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and/or academic background
To apply, Click here