Deadline : October 2, 2023
Applications for the Getty Foundation Scholar Grants are now open. The Getty Scholar Grants are specially dedicated to established scholars, or writers in various fields. To apply for these grants, you should have attained distinction in your field. If selected, you will attend an in-residence program at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where you will have the opportunity to pursue your personal driven projects free from academic obligations. You will also have at your disposal several Getty collections and the opportunity to join fellow scholars and participants in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme.
This in-residence program may last from three (3) to nine (9) months. The Getty Scholar Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. After submitting your application, an evaluation process by the selection committee will follow, and selection will be based on the following
- The Candidate’s overall quality of the application
- Your proposed project and its relation to the annual research theme
- The Candidate’s previous achievements and accomplishments
- Evidence on how your proposed project would benefit from the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
Scholars selected for this Getty in-residence program will receive the following benefits
- For the three-month (3) residency selected scholars will receive a program grant worth $21,500
- Those selected for the Six-month residency, a program grant worth $43,000 will be awarded
- Applicants selected for the Nine-month residency will receive a grant worth $65,000
- You will receive an office at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa to implement your projects
- Scholars will be housed in apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex
- You will also be eligible for coverage for air travel to and from Los Angeles
To be considered for the award, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates for the program researchers of all nationalities from all over the world
- You must be working in the following fields: arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- In case you received their degree after September 1, 2020, should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
- If you are a Getty staff and or a family member of a Getty employee/ staff, you ay not apply for this programme.
- Also,, you you are a past recipient of a Getty Scholar award, awarded within the past three years, you may not apply for the program.
if interested in the program, you must submit your application using the online portal by the deadline of October 2, 2023. Along with the online application form, you will be requested to submit the following supporting documents
- A well drafted Project Proposal describing your proposed plan for study and research
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- You may as well include a Writing Sample (Optional)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here