Deadline : October 31, 2020
Applications are now open for the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Degrees. The scholarship is open for selected students who wish to undertake studies at bachelors level at a University in Korea. Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. The program is dicived into 2 categories
For the Embassy Track, the Korean government offers up to 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea for the academic year 2021. The general process for this application requires applicants pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Under the University Track, the Korean government grants up to 60 international students from 72 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the selected fields of Engineering or Nature Science. The program also offers around 35 international students from 17 countries who wish to pursue an associate degree in Korea. The general process for this application requires applicants pass through the 1st selection process set by their selected university
- You will receive an economy class flight ticket from your home country to Korea
- All applicants will receive an economy class flight ticket from Korea to their home country
- The scholarship provides a settlement allowance worth 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- You will receive a Monthly Allowance worth 900,000 KRW per month
- The 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee will be covered by teh scholarship
- Your Degree Program Tuition will be catered for by the scholarship
- A full Medical Insurance coverage worth 60,000 KRW per month
- You will also receive a Korean Proficiency Grants amounting to 100,000 KRW per month
- Toward the end of your program, you will be eligible for a Degree Completion Grants worth 100,000 KRW (offered once)
- You along with your parents citizens a GSK partner eligible country as specified in the eligible country list (see eligible country lists for all the programs here)
- Applicants must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021
- You must hold high school diploma as of March 1st, 2021 if applying for the undergraduate program, Applicants who are expected graduate of high school at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
- The official high school graduation certificate and final high school transcript must be submitted by March 1st, 2021 at the very latest. 7 – In case an applicant fails to submit the above mentioned document by March 1st, 2021 or does not fulfill the grade requirement, the applicant will forfeit his or her scholarship.
- You must have maintained the overall grade point average (CGPA) equivalent 80% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one‟s class for bachelors degree applicants or 75% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 25% within one‟s class for Associate Degree Applicants
- Applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of degree or research programs.
Please contact the 1st selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection. You will need the following documents:
- Applicant Form (Form 1)
- Personal Statement (Form 2)
- Study Plan (Form 3)
- TWO letters of Recommendation (Form 4)
- GKS Applicant Agreement (Form 5)
- Personal Medical Assessment (Form 6)
- Certificate of High school graduation (or expected graduation certificate)
- High school Grade Transcripts Reqired
- Applicant‟s Proof of Citizenship Document
- Birth certificates or family registrar, passport copy, and etc.
- Applicant‟s Parent‟s Proof of Citizenship Document
- Awards and other certificates – Optional
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score – Optional
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test – Optional
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here