Deadline : November 19, 2020
Applications for the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021 are now open for eligible applicants. The Government of Ireland … are an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science and managed by the Council. This major aim of this programme is to support suitably qualified eligible applicants in any discipline from eligible countries to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland. Selected fellows will hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship for a period of either one or two years.
Through this program, the Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Awards aim to support suitably qualified research master’s, doctoral and postdoctoral candidates pursuing, or prospective candidates intending to pursue a full-time research an eligible field . This programme presents an opportunity to outstanding students to direct their own research project at the early-career stage, along with a with a supervisor at primary postgraduate stages and a primary mentor at postdoctoral stages in a preferred field of research.
The program collaborates with a number of government departments and agencies partner in order to support this award as a mechanism to deliver on their shared national objectives. For the academic year 2021, The Council’s strategic funding partners are:
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Irish Aid
The Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI)
The Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD)
- Researchers will receive an annual salary worth €31,275
- You will receive an employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,455 per year (11.05% of salary)
- Researchers are also eligible for an employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum (20% of salary)
- You will be eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
- An applicant must have either graduated or have been certified as having fulfilled all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including the submission of the hardbound corrected thesis, within the five-year period between 31 May 2016 and 31 May 2021.
- You must posses a doctoral degree awarded within the 5-year period before 31 May 2021. For the purposes of this condition, the date of graduation will be taken into account
- Applicants who have submitted applications before must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the programme.
- You must not hold or have held an Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship or Enterprise Partnership Scheme Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Applicants must not have been employed as a postdoctoral researcher for more than 5 years at 31 May 2021.
- You must have authored or co-authored at least one published peer reviewed research publication or have demonstrable equivalent intellectual property output or have provided samples of their written research work
Your application will be deemed ineligible and will not be considered for funding if are not carefull with the following mistakes
- If you submit more than one application to the 2021 call
- In case your application has not been submitted via the online system by the deadline as stated
- If your application does not have all the required participant forms completed in full and submitted via the online system by the deadline for submission of hard copies
- In case you dont follow the strict format for application materials detailed out
- If you fall victim of plagiarism for any material submitted
- In case any information supplied in an application is false, misleading or unverifiable with appropriate documentation
All applications by interested participants must be created and submited suing the online system. Applicants are advised to follow the procedure below as a guide when submitting their applications
- You are advised to contact the Research Office in your proposed Higher Education Institution (HEI) or Research Performing Organization (RPO) for information and clarification on the call and get further information on your program.
- As an applicant, you will require a nominated Mentor in Ireland who is willing to mentor you for the proposed research project, and two nominated Referees who know you sufficiently well to provide you with a character reference. you should there for contact potential persons in this category and discuss your intentions
- Please remember that all documentation must be provided in English. in case any of your documents happen to be issued in another language other than English, you must submit official translations along with them
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here