Deadline : September 5, 2020
Applications are now open for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2021. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
In its nature, the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- Individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant
- An objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review
- Funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- Awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
The programme aims to provide outstanding students with the opportunity to carry out their own research at the early-career stage while working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of choice. Research proposals from mainly new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed and appreciated.
The scholarship provides:
- Successful applicants receive a stipend of €16,000 per year
- You will also receive a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per year
- Applicants also receive eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per year
General preliminary application conditions must be met in order to apply for the scholarship
- You do not have two unsuccessful applications to the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Programme
- You have not had two ineligible applications to the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Programme
- You have a first class or Upper second class honours bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent)
Your application will be deemed ineligible and will not be considered for funding if are not carefull with the following mistakes
- If you submit more than one application to the 2021 call
- In case your application has not been submitted via the online system by the deadline as stated
- If your application does not have all the required participant forms (primary supervisor and two referee forms) completed in full and submitted via the online system by the deadline for submission of hard copies
- If you submit an application with the Primary Supervisor name at Eligibility Quiz different from the Primary Supervisor name at the Application form.
- In case your application is incomplete or exceeds the word limits or if you include additional materials apart from those requested by the board
- If you dont follow the strict format for application materials detailed out
- In case you fall victim of plagiarism fro any material submitted
- any information supplied in an application is false, misleading or unverifiable with appropriate documentation
Potential applicants should read the 2020 Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
The aim of the Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Awards is to support suitably qualified research master’s, doctoral and postdoctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline
Applications officially open on September 3, 2020.
For more opportunities in Ireland, Click here
For more information and apply, visit the official website here