Deadline : October 12, 2023
Applications are soon opening for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2024. This Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council. Scholarships are dedicated to International (EU and Non-EU) and Domestic Students including Irish Nationals.
Applicants are those students who have completed a First degree and are eligible for admission into a Research based Postgraduate degree programme. With its aims and goals, the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape. It is a highly competitive scholarship programme dedicated to eligible applicants who wish to take on new challenges in emerging fields of research.
The programme aims to provide outstanding students with the opportunity to carry out their own research at the early-career stage while working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of choice. The Irish council partners with a number of government departments and agencies partner to support the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme.
The scholarship provides the following benefits
- Successful applicants receive a stipend of €19,000 per year
- You will also receive a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per year
- Applicants also receive eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per year
The conditions that must be met before applying for the scholarship are as below:
- The programme is dedicated to new applicants who are wish to apply for funding for the following degree categories
- Research master’s degree for a duration of 1 year
- Structured research master’s degree for a duration of 2 years
- Traditional doctoral degree for a duration of 3 years
- Structured doctoral degree for a duration of 4 years
- Applicants who have completed part of studies for one of the above mentioned degree categories are also eligible for funding
- Applicants must not currently hold or previously have held an Irish council Scholarship.
- You must have two unsuccessful applications to the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Programme
- You have a first class or Upper second class honours bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent)
Applications are submitted online using the portal provided. To initiate your application, you must first create your profile by registering as a new user. All applicants will have to download and complete the application form and a fully completed Supervisor from from a potential supervisor.
Applicants for the programme must be students who are currently perusing or planning to enroll in full time research Masters and PhD studies.
You are therefore requested to contact a potential supervisor from a participating Irish Institution, discuss and on your research proposal well before completing the application. A supervisor form that must be completed by your mentor is available on the scholarship website for download.
To apply, Click here
For more information and apply, visit the official website here