Deadline : February 28, 2021
Apply for the 2021-22 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders to study for a Master’s degree program at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in the United Kingdom (UK). LSHTM is offering three (3) scholarships to eligible applicants as part of its effort to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
Applicants for the scholarships are candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa who wish to undertake one of the master’s programes offered at LSHTM but would otherwise not be able to pay for the proposed programme. These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is renowned for its research, postgraduate studies and continuing education in public and global health. LSHTM has an international presence and collaborative ethos. It is uniquely placed to help shape health policy and translate research findings into tangible impact.
The scholarships will cover the following
- You will receive coverage for tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees
- Recipients will receive a tax-free stipend (living allowance) worth GBP 17,400.00.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must meet the following application requirements:
- You must a be national and resident of a country in sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must be applying for a master’s program in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa at LSHTM
- You must be intending to return to your country of residence upon completion of your MSc year at LSHTM and put to practice the skills you will have acquired
- Applicants must demonstrate that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form
- Applicants must meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements usually evident with an English language test result
- You must posses a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level for you to apply
- You must meet the eligible entry requirements to an MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) essential to secure admission
- Applicants must apply and hold an offer of admission for 2021-22 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study if they are to be considered for the scholarship
Applicants must submit their application for the academic year 2021-22. The application must be for admission for a London-based MSc programme of study. Information on how to apply for a master’s program are available on the apply section on the university website
You must then submit an online scholarships application by selecting ‘2021-22 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders’ option from the drop-down menu. Applicants must also complete the supplementary questions form for this scholarship and then uploaded as part of the application.
Please remember, during your application for admission, you will be required to submit the following documents
- Transcripts of records
- A CV
- Proof of English language
To apply for admission, Click here
To apply for the scholarship and for more information, visit the official website here