Deadline : November 30, 2020 .
Applications are open for the Helmut Veith Scholarship at TU Wien in Austria. Applications are invited from prospective female masters students intending pursue a graduate program at TU Wien. The Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded annually to motivated female students in the field of computer science for one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English.
About the Award: The Helmut Veith Stipend is dedicated to the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security. Helmut Veith, who tragically passed away in March 2016, was a strong advocate and mentor for women in computer science. More on Helmut Veith´s research on the pages of his research group FORSYTE.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The award offers EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
- The award offers a Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- The award is available to Female students who meet the following conditions :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Logic in Computer Science
- Formal Methods and Verification
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Complexity Theory
- Computer Security
- Proficiency in English
2. Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. The programs for the academic year 2020/2021 are as follows
- Master in Logic and Computation
- Master in Business Informatics
- European Master in Computational Logic
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science
• Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
While applications for funding can be filed before or in parallel with the admissions process, the funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program. An application for funding does not replace the admissions process; neither does a conditional offer of funding entitle the applicant to study at TU Wien
Along side the application, you will have to also submit the following required documents
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work with during their master’s thesis and why.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
- Copy of passport
To apply, Click here