Deadline : November 30, 2023
Applications are open for the Helmut Veith Scholarship at TU Wien in Austria. Applications are invited from prospective female masters students intending pursue a graduate program at TU Wien. The Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded annually to motivated female students who have applied and received admission for one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English.
This scholarship is now being offered for studies commencing in the Winter Semester for the 2023/ 2024 academic year as well as the Summer semester of 2024. Much as applicants may apply for funding even before receiving admission , the funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program.
About the Award: The Helmut Veith Stipend was created in memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in different fields in the field of Computer Science, including logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security. Helmut Veith was also a strong advocate and mentor for women in computer science. This award was founded after the tragic passing away of Helmut Veith in March 2016.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- This award offers selected applicants a grant worth EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
- The award also includes a Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- The award is strictly dedicated to Female students who wish to study for a Master’s degree in the field of Computer Science at TU Wien in Austria
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent degree qualification
- To be considered, you must demonstrate extensive knowledge and interest in at least one of Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Logic in Computer Science
- Formal Methods and Verification
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Complexity Theory
- Computer Security
- Applicants must have sufficient proof of English proficiency.
- Candidates must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien
- Master in Logic and Computation
- A Master in Business Informatics
- European Master in Computational Logic
- A Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
Please remember that you may complete your application for the scholarship even if you have not yet secured admission for your preferred eligible Master’s degree course. To apply for the scholarship, you must send your application portfolio to [email protected]
Your application portfolio must include the following documents
- Submit a Cover Letter describing the type of funding you are student is applying for
- The candidate’s most recent Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a Motivation Letter detailing the reasons for choosing to study in the program Logic and Computation. Also explain why this funding is necessary to you.
- Submit your Diplomas and Transcripts of records for you current and previous Studies.
- You must submit Contact details of two referees who will be asked to submit recommendations on your behalf
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS or similar)
- The candidate’s Copy of passport
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here