Deadline : April 30, 2020 .
Apply for the Holland – Zuyd Excellence Scholarship (H-ZES) in Netherlands. The study progress of students who are awarded the Holland – Zuyd Excellence Scholarship is monitored yearly, as a minimum of 45 obtained credits per academic year is required for renewal of the scholarship for the following academic year. Renewal of the scholarship applies only for the nominal duration of the programme concerned.
Several types of scholarships are available for talented and highly motivated non-EU students who are applying for a government funded, fully English taught, bachelor's or master's programme.
The Holland Scholarship applies only for the first year of your study at Zuyd and will be in place of the Zuyd Excellence Scholarship during that year. The Holland Scholarship is awarded in the form of a one off amount of € 5000 during the first academic year. This scholarship amount will be transferred to your bank account in two equal payments.
- The first payment (€ 2500) will be transferred to your bank account before 1 November.
- The second payment (€ 2500) will be transferred to your bank account before 1 May.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered for the scholarship
- You do not have a EU/EEA nationality, or the nationality of Switzerland or Suriname.
- You have received your Zuyd student number through Studielink.
- You meet the specific requirements of the study programme.
- You are required to pay the highest institutional tuition fees.
- You live in the Netherlands during your study period.
- You have not previously obtained a degree from an education facility in the Netherlands. (Please note that this condition only applies for the Holland Scholarship, if you do not meet this criteria, you can still apply for the Zuyd Excellence Scholarship)
- You are applying to start one of the following government funded, fully English taught programmes:
- European Studies
- Hospitality (Hotel) Management
- Interdisciplinary Arts
- International Business
- Music (Bachelor and Master)
- Interior Architecture
You will need create your application and submit the following documents :
- A completed and signed Holland - Zuyd Excellence Scholarship Application Form
- A personal letter of motivation for wanting to study at Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
- One letter of reference by e.g. a lecturer or a mentor of your current educational institution
- Your curriculum vitae (resume)
- Your letter of motivation (max. 1 page A4) must include the following items:
- Why have you chosen this particular study programme at Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
- What value you expect this study programme to add to your previous education
- What you expect this study programme to contribute to your future career
- The letter of reference should be signed, dated and submitted on official stationary and must include:
- Your name and the name, position and department of the referee of your current educational institution
- Description of the applicant’s excellent academic abilities and competencies.
To apply for the Holland - Zuyd Excellence Scholarship (H-ZES) please complete the form and send it with all the required accompanying documents to [email protected]
To Download the application form : Click here