Deadline : January 16, 2021
Applications are now open for the Hungarian Government Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships Program in Hungary. Established in 2013 by the Hungarian Government and co-ordinated by Tempus Public Foundation since, Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship aims to promote the internationalisation of the Hungarian higher education. The scholarship attracts top excellent foreign students and applicants from countries all around the world, who have the ability to establish personal and professional attachments to Hungary while enjoying high quality education at some of the best institutions in Hungary.
The scholarship is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and selected governments. This scholarship attracts applicants from over 70 countries on five continents, making up almost 5000 international students each year. Selected applicants will have the opportunity to select from 500 full degree programmes, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programmes.
During your study in Hungary, you will enjoy affordable living costs among other benefits, with a safe and friendly study and living environment with convenient public transport, in a student friendly surrounding, a vibrant cultural life, and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Upon completion of your studies, you will have the opportunity to return to return to your home country armed with the skills and knowledge essential to build a civil, political and economic relationships and thereby contributing to Hungary’s recognition all around the world.
Once selected fo the scholarship, you will recieve teh following benefits
- A full Tuition-free education for your selected programme of choice at an eligible institution in Hungary
- You will be eligible for a Monthly stipend worth HUF 43,700 / EUR 120 for non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level
- monthly amount of contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Scholarship recipients will benefit from an accommodation contribution in form of a free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to cover the costs for accommodation off campus for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
- You will also receive a Medical insurance coverage for your health insurance coverage during your stay in Hungary
- This Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the participating country’s Ministry responsible for higher education.
- Applicants must therefore be nationals of participating countries and should therefore be nominated by the Ministry responsible for higher education in their respective countries
- For the full list of all participating eligible countries, please click here
- Applicants must be applying for a Bachelor’s, Master’s, exchange or PhD program at one of the participating institutions/ Universities in Hungary
- You should make sure that you need the admission criteria set for the degree program of your choice and your selected institution
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age the time of submission of the application for the scholarship
- You must not be a former Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Holder who has benefited from the scholarship for a full degree program same cycle of education. You can however apply for a different cycle of education
- Applicants for programmes offered in English must prove a sufficient level of English proficiency
Please not that the application will require you to recieve nomination from a responsible sending institution from your home country such as Ministry responsible for higher education. You are therefore advised to contact the responsible institution to secure your nomination. Along wit the nominanation, you will have to create and complete your application for both the scholarship as well as the appliaction for admmission for your program of choice at a participating institution.
You will also need to submit supporting documents along with your application. Docimenta include:
- Motivation Letter with a minimum 1 page, typed in Times New Roman 12 point letters written in the language of the selected study programme in Hungarian
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Copy of Identification Document
- acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
- Medical Certificate
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here