Deadline : September 30, 2020 .
Apply for the ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020. ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment. The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
The ICGEB was launched in 1983 with the signing of its Statutes by 26 countries. In 1994, the Statutes of the Centre entered into force, with 35 full Member States in its constituency. The ICGEB Member States now include 21 countries in Africa, 9 in the Middle East, 13 in Europe, 5 in Central America and the Caribbean, 8 in South America and 9 in Asia.
Nationals of Member States throughout the world are eligible to participate in ICGEB’s funding and training programmes. A representative from each Member State government sits with right of vote on the Board of Governors and a scientific Liaison Officer in each country disseminates the scientific activities of the organisation.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Successful applicants are entitled to Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Successful applicants are entitled to Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroadfor, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application. (List of countries)
- Applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- All applicants of all ages are welcome to apply but preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
- Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
To apply Click here