Deadline : July 11, 2021
Apply for the ICIQ PhD Fellowship Programme 2021. The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) calls applications for the PhD Fellowship Programme for the 2021 academic year. The main aim of this fellowship programme is to support excellent students from all over the world. Applicants for the programme will have the opportunity to enroll in a specialized training and research programme in chemistry. This research is specifically set up to lead to the completion of a Doctoral Thesis in partnership with the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV).
Therefore, applicants for the programme must highly qualified and talented graduate students with a keen interest in chemical research, who are passionate and ready to add to their professional development and next career steps, both in academia and industry. The programme will run for a duration of 4 years. Durind the trainning, selected applicants will enguage in different activities including:
- Performing nd working on an individual research project under the supervision of an internationally renowned group leader in a creative and stimulating scientific environment.
- There will also be brief short stays at renowned international research institutions.
- You will also have the opportunities for complementary training in technical and soft skills designed to ensure a successful career.
- Scholars will attend weekly scientific seminars, hands-on training in the use of state-of-the-art scientific instrumentation, IP management, entrepreneurship, research integrity, knowledge and technology transfer, grant’s applications, project management, communication skills and career development.
Selected scholars will receive the following benefits
- Selected applicants will receive Pre-doctoral contracts that are renewed annually for up to 4 years, subject to satisfactory performance in the PhD studies and related research activities.
- Scholars will receive a 12 monthly payments in denominations are shown below
- First and Second year of PhD: 16.246,04€/year
- Third year of PhD: 17.406,48€/year
- Fourth year of PhD: 21.758,10€/year
- You will also receive full social security coverage through the Spanish Social Security system, providing access to the Spanish public health care system and pension and unemployment benefits.
- The costs of enrolment in the PhD programme will also be paid the programme
To apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria
- Applications are accepted from students of any nationality from around the world
- To apply, you must have completed a Master’s degree or its equivalent in the areas of Chemistry, Pharmacy, Physics, Chemical Engineering or related disciplines that must be completed by the time of enrolment in the PhD programme.
- Candidates for the programme must have an excellent academic record from their previous studies
- You must have a strong commitment and dedication to scientific research in the field of chemistry
- Applicants must have sufficient and solid working knowledge of English Language.
Applications for the programme must be submitted online using the online application form available on the programme webiste. Your application must include the following documents
- The applicant’s most recent Curriculum Vitae indicating academic background, work or research experience, publications, conferences, grants and awards
- A well written personal statement to describe you achievements, academic background and research experience
- Official Diplomas and transcripts records for your BSc and MSc studies in PDF format.
- If your transcripts are not issued in Catalan, Spanish or English, include a certified translation in English.
- Provide contact details of two referees who will be asked to provide letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- Include evidence of English proficiency, preferably, by the submission of a B2 certificate, First Certificate, IELTS 6 or equivalent. Applicants from Anglosphere (UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) are exempted from this requirement
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here