Deadline : November 20, 2020
Apply for the International Module in Spatial Development Planning (IMSDP) International Training Programme (ITP) at KU Leuven in Belgium. The IMSDP programme is an intensive three months teaching and research programme for post-graduate students and researchers in urban studies and planning. This program will be hosted at KU Leuven by the KU Leuven Departments of Architecture and Earth and Environmental Sciences, in collaboration with the research units P&D, OSA and Geography and Tourism and over twenty academic partners.
IMSDP programme is part of the International Training Programmes (ITP) offered to applicants from the global south to take on several developmental courses in Belgium. International Training Programmes (ITP) are short to medium-term, intensive, interactive, and practical trainings organised at a university or university college in Belgium/Flanders.Usually, these trainings are aimed to participants from 31 scholarship countries with relevant professional experience in the ITP’s subject and who, at the end of their course experince are able to transfer the obtained knowledge and skills to a wider audience in their counries of origin.
The IMSDP programme is usually open to Doctoral students, Master students (II level Master), Post-graduate students and Researchers, as well as professionals who wsih to improve their knowledge and research skills. The program includes three forms of training, namely, structured lectures, a series of self-standing presentations on relevant case studies or topics, and a post-graduate research seminar in which IMSDP students present their work in progress to peers and staff. VLIR-UOS supports the programme with 12 scholarships for the academic year 2021
There is a total of 12 scholarships for this Master’s program scholarship. The scholarship will cover the following
- You will receive a monthly allowance worth € 1150/month to cover your cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation
- Attendants receive a 1- time payment for indirect travel costs worth € 150
- You will also receive a 1- time payment for logistical allowance worth € 850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee will also be covered by the scholarship
- You must be a nationality and resident of one of the 31 participating countries (Please see list here)
- Eligible applicants must be employees in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or are those aiming to have a career in one of these sectors.
- You must have minimal relevant professional experience working in any of the above mentioned sectors
- Candidates already working at a university where the program funds IUC, TEAM or SI projects can apply provided that they clearly motivate the reason for their application and if they clarify why the participation
- If you are a VLIR-UOS scholarship reciepient or have previously been awarded this scholarships, you may not apply again
- For applicants whose first language is not English, you will need to provide a IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 575 (Paper Based – PBT)/ TOEFL 233 (Computer Based – CBT)/TOEFL 90 (Internet Based – iBT) or sufficient proof of language proficiency is required.
Applicants must make sure that they meet the application criteria in order to apply for an ITP scholarship. The scholarship will require you to apply for the course at the host university and in the process express your interest for the scholarship
- Applicants will first need to apply for the training programme at KU Leuven in Belgium. Applications procedures and deadlines are available at the department website
- During your application process for the training program, you eill have to mention that you wish to apply for a scholarship. Please avoid sending you application direct to the organization as it will not be taken into consideration.
- If selected for the scholarship, the programme organizers will contact you by e-mail and inform you of the preparation process to begin your training.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here