Deadline : February 1, 2020 .
ISS offers a number of scholarships and grants. This is part of the University of Oslo’s goal to demonstrate academic solidarity and ensure that our summer school represents global diversity. The International Summer School at the University of Oslo (UiO) has a long history of granting scholarships to students from all over the world to attend our academic summer program.
The International Summer School (ISS) has since its establishment in 1947 facilitated scholarships, stipends and grants to students worldwide to attend the summer courses. Funding may be provided from public and private sources, as well as from The University of Oslo itself. For ISS, the scholarships are central enablers for bringing people together to share and learn across diversity. This is also essential to nurture ‘the international classroom’ which ISS continuously aspires to
- It is possible to apply for either an Off-Campus and On-Campus scholarship, depending on where you come from and which category you apply to.
- An Off-Campus scholarship covers all basic fees which include extracurricular activities, health insurance, one weekend excursion outside Oslo, public transportation (public transportation card within Oslo not applicable to UiO program students), card within Oslo and reading materials.
- An On-Campus scholarship covers all the basic fees mentioned above. In addition, it includes simple accommodation in a double room at Blindern Dormitory and board according to the dormitory meal plans
Bachelor’s and Masters courses
- Applicants who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English.
- Due to differences in world educational systems, applicants must submit specific documents to show they are eligible for admission. The Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) provides the GSU-list which specifies the education (Higher Education Entrance Qualification) you must have to qualify for admission to universities and university colleges in Norway.
- Which documents you submit depends on your country’s educational system.
To be a successful ISS scholarship recipient, you must demonstrate:
- That you meet the academic requirements
- A strong academic record
- The relevance of your academic and/or professional background to the course you apply for in your statement of purpose
All applicants must upload scanned copies of their supporting documents into the Application Portal, the University of Oslo’s online application system. Please name your uploaded files as suggested in the tables below.
- Copy of passport
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Copies of transcripts/diplomas
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- ISS scholarship form
To apply, Click Here