Deadline : October 30, 2020
The Jacobs Foundation invites applications for the Jacobs Foundation Scholarship program hosted at the University of Oxford. The Foundation seeks to benefit future generations by providing children and young people with better opportunities for development, so that they can become productive and socially responsible members of society. Opened in 2018, The Jacobs Foundation Scholarship program is aimed to candidates with a strong interest in the field of youth and child development and/or education, or in agricultural development in Africa.
With its main aim of becoming the key organization linking excellent research with improving, globally, the development of children and young people under the age of 12, the Jacobs Foundation focuses on effective implementation, dialogue and advocacy in the three thematic priorities “Science of Learning”, “Early Childhood Development”, and “Rural Livelihoods”. In so doing , the Foundation has managed to established a worldwide network of the most talented people in child and youth development, linking researchers, social entrepreneurs, journalists, practitioners, and politicians.
This scholarship program id open to candidates from eligible countries who wish to undertake a 2 year program at The University of Oxford. The desired outcome from this experience is that the Jacobs Foundation Scholars will become active participants in the Jacobs Network, connecting with other fellows online and offline through events and conferences, and contribute to the advancement of the network as well as the Foundation’s communication channels such as the newsletter or the blog.
- The foundation offers 2 scholarship this year worth £26,500 per scholarship.
- As a Jacobs Foundation beneficiary, you will also benefit from interaction with the Jacobs Foundation directly.
- You, along with other participants will also be invited to attend an introductory week called ‘Swiss Week’, in Zurich, Switzerland, prior to the start of your Oxford programme
- You must be citizen of one of the following countries. Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Holy See, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Latvia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Togo, United Kingdom, United States. (With a preference for: Senegal, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Benin, Ghana, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany and Romania).
- You must have an interest in the following areas
- Child and youth development, learning, education (ed-tech, early-ed, parenting, brain development);
- Agricultural development in Africa (food security, microfinance, supply-chain);
- Impact investment, with a preference for education.
- You must be eligible for admission for a related program at the University of Oxford
- To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to secure an admission for an MBA at the university of Oxford
- During your application for admission process, you will submit an additional Jacobs Foundation scholarship essay in the funding section of your programme application form.
- The scholarship essay will be up to 500 words, answering the question as follows: (Tell us about your experience in one of the listed Priority Areas. How would the MBA programme support you and your future plans in one of these areas?)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here