Deadline : October 15, 2020:
Apply for the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship 2020/2021. The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship program was established in 1998 from a generous bequest by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York, USA, and the 1990-1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian.
It has been noted that women have made great strides in the pursuit of education, careers and leadership roles they were once denied. However, they still comprise a minority of leaders in the business world. This is evident from a December 2019 list from Catalyst, 21.2 percent of S&P 500 companies’ board seats are occupied by women, and just 5.2 percent of the companies’ CEOs are women. It is because of this that this program was set up to support women push these barriers and energize their potentials
Zonta International proudly presents the Jane M. Klausman (JMK) Women in Business Scholarship program. This scholarship program helps women pursue undergraduate and master’s degrees in business management thereby overcome gender barriers they face in every aspect of their lives. This program operates at the Zonta club, district/region and international levels. Zonta annually awards up to 32 scholarships of US$2,000 each at the district/region level and six international scholarships in the amount of US$8,000 each
The benefits for teh scholarship are as stated below
- Zonta awards annually, up to 32 scholarships of US$2,000 each at the district/region level and six international scholarships worth US$8,000 each.
in order to be considered for this program, you must fulfill the required conditions as described below
- Women of any age are welcome to apply
- Applicants must be pursuing a business program with major field of specialization in accounting, economics, finance, business management, marketing, operations management, human resources management, international business, or entrepreneurship at an accredited university/college/institute
- You must demonstrate outstanding potential in the field and are living or studying in a Zonta district/region.
- Online students are also eligible to apply if enrolled at an accredited university/college/institute.
- Students must be enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master’s program at the time the application is submitted to the local Zonta club.
- Applicants must be in school at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed and must not graduate before December 2020. Previous International Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship recipients may not apply to renew the Scholarship for a second year.
You are advised to submit your application materials at a Zonta club by the deadline stated above
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here