Deadline : January 19, 2022
Apply for the JYU Scholarship Programme at University of Jyväskylä in Finland for the academic year 2022-2023. Each year, the University of Jyväskylä offers several scholarships to international fee paying students who wish to study for a Master’s degree program at the University of Jyväskylä. The scholarships are intended to cover tuition fee costs for its most successful international Master’s degree students while some even offer grants to cover living expenses.
The University of Jyväskylä’s beautiful campus is home to a dynamic multidisciplinary research university with an open and collaborative community of almost 2,600 experts and 14,700 students. Along with its academic staff and dedicated students community, the university seeks answers to the pivotal questions of today and tomorrow.
Applicants for Master’s degree programmes will have the opportunity to indicate if they wish to be considered for the scholarship during the application process. The scholarships will be awarded for a period of 2 year, however, Receiving the scholarship for the second academic year will depend on your study progress during the first academic year.
University of Jyväskylä offers the following scholarships
The Finland Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to the top students selected from each Master’s programme during the admission process
- Selected students will receive 100% tuition fee coverage for the first year of their Master’s degree studies.
- The scholarship also offers a one time 5000 € grant to help cover your living expenses while studying in Finland.
- For the second year, you will receive 100% tuition fee scholarship provided you achieve sufficient academic performance from your first year
JYU Tuition Fee Scholarships
- Each Master’s degree programme will offer 2 scholarships covering 100% of the tuition fee for a period of two years
- In addition, each Master’s degree programme will offer 4 scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fee for a period of two years
- Please note that receiving the scholarship for the second academic year depends on your study progress during the first academic year. You must have obtained a minimum of 55 ECTS credits during the first academic in order to receive the scholarship for the second year.
In order to for you to be considered for the scholarship, you must meet the following application conditions
- You must be eligible to apply to study in an international Master’s degree programme offered by the University of Jyväskylä in Finland.
- Scholarships are open to applicants liable to pay tuition fees in order to study in Finland.
To be sure if you are eligible to apply for a master’s degree, you muts meet the following conditions
- Applicants applying for a international Master’s programmes at the University of Jyväskylä must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s or equivalent degree from a recognized institution of higher education.
- To apply for Master’s programmes, you must, including native speakers of English, prove your proficiency in the English language
- If your degree used for proving eligibility has not yet been completed during the application period, you can still be conditionally admitted in case you will graduate by the set deadline
Things to note
- There is no separate scholarship application form to fill in order to be considered
- Applicants must indicate that they wish to be considered for the scholarships at the time of admission
- You can apply for both scholarships, if you are not awarded the Finland scholarship, you may be awarded the JYU Tuition Fee Scholarships.
- The Finland scholarship offers 100% tuition fee coverage and 5000 € grant for the first year. For the second year, you will be awarded the JYU Tuition Fee Scholarships.
- applicants who are awarded the JYU Tuition Fee Scholarships will benefit from the scholarship for the 2 years of their master’s degree studies.
- For both scholarships, you only benefit from the scholarship for the second year if you obtain a minimum of 55 ECTS in your first year
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship only in the same online form with which you apply for admission to a Master’s programme at JYU. Please note that applications for admission open on January 5, 2022 and close on January 19, 2022.
In case you are admitted to more than one programme at JYU, the scholarship will be awarded only to one programme as per the preference that the you has stated on the application form.
Please note that admission for a program of your choice requires you to submit supporting documents including your Academic transcripts, motivation letter and English Language certificates
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here