Deadline : October 6, 2021
Apply for the 2021 Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University. This is a Unique chance that gives you an opportunity in addition to pursuing your graduate studies, to shape your own experience as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar through the King Global Leadership Program. All Knight-Hennessy Scholars have to apply to and be accepted by a graduate program at Stanford at the same time they apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars. Your graduate program will be your primary affiliation, and the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will provide you with access to an additional community and opportunities tailored to scholars
As a Knight-Hennessy Scholar you will develop both the depth and range of subject expertise to confront the numerous grand challenges and opportunities of the future. You will be part of a unique community of change agents from a diverse range of backgrounds. This is a community that will support you, motivate you, and hold you accountable for achieving your goals even when the odds of success seem likely against you.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will attract the most promising future leaders from all disciplines and geographies. As a scholar, you will broaden your knowledge, develop skills, and strengthen your character; this will prepare you to effect positive change.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- The education of Knight-Hennessy Scholars is funded for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford to which you are admitted at the time you are selected as a scholar
- During each of the first three years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive:
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- Stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- Travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is designed to be open to a broad set of qualified applicants.
- This program encourages applications to Knight-Hennessy Scholars from residents of all countries.
- There are no restrictions based on citizenship, age, field of study, career aspiration nor are applicants required to seek endorsements from institutions.
- You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in a full-time graduate program(s) at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS)
- Undocumented students are eligible to apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, but must meet eligibility for the graduate program, including any work requirements
- You must be highly proficient in English — listening, reading, speaking, and writing — to study at Stanford. If you earned or expect to earn a degree from a university where English is the official and sole language of instruction, then you do not need results of an English proficiency exam.
- All Stanford graduate degree programs accept the TOEFL. The MBA Program is the only Stanford graduate program that also accepts the IELTS and PTE.
To apply for the program, complete the online application form and submit the required documents
- Complete and submit the online application for admission (including personal and academic information, etc.). You will fill in your contact information; basic biographic and demographic details; explanations of your activities, experiences, and interests; and other information to provide context about you
- Please scan and upload transcripts of your academic performance at the undergraduate level and beyond for each institution you attended for an academic year or longer.
- Prepare a one-page resumé that includes highlights of your experiences, interests, and academic record in reverse-chronological order. Ensure that your document is legible
- Ask two individuals who know you well, whose opinions you trust, and who want to see you succeed to write your recommendation letters.
- You will need to write a small essay on a required topic along with a video statement
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here