Deadline : July 15, 2022
Apply for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships to international master students and graduates. The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships aims to enable international students study and research at universities in Germany. The program actively promotes intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
Scholarship recipients usually come from 55 countries of the world engaging in subjects like law, sciences, music as well as medicine, just to name a few. In 2022 the Scholarships are awarded to applicants from any country around the world.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide. After finishing their studies in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to contribute actively to the development of their home country’s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany
Successful applicants will benefit from a scholarship program consisting of financial assistance, personal guidance, a wide seminar program and access to the worldwide KAS-network
- Selected master or postgraduate students will receive a monthly scholarship of € 752 for a standard funding period is two years.
- If you are a PhD student, you will receive a monthly scholarship of € 1.350 for a standard period of three years.
- Scholarship recipients will also receive funding for research stays in Germany for the minimum of three semesters.
- Recipients also receive a subsidize health care insurance up to the amount of € 109 per month.
- There is also a family allowance of € 276 provided that you and your spouse live together in one place in Germany for at least three months and that his/her income does not exceed the amount of € 450 per month.
- If eligible, you will receive a children’s allowance of € 140 per month for children living with you in Germany.
The Scholarship Program normally targets International Students graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least four semesters at a university in Germany or another European University.
Applicants must meet the following conditions if they wish to apply
- Applicants must be students with nationalities from any country around the world
- You must have graduated with an undergraduate university degree at the time of application.
- Candidates must be enrolled as a regular student at a state or state-recognized German university or at a university in another European country (EU countries and Switzerland).
- You have started your studies or will start your studies in the next possible semester after the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate above average academic performance in their previous studies.
- Candidates must be no older that 30 years of age when applying,
- You must prove sufficient knowledge of the German language of at least B2-level.
- Priority is given to applicants who are actively engaged in voluntary work.
- You must still have a minimum of four study semesters ahead of you.
To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to follow the following procedure. The programme offers two ways to apply for this scholarship program
- In 2022 the focus regions will be Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Latin America
- If you are living in a country from Latin America, applications will be processed from the KAS office in Peru. Interested applicants are advised to send their application through this office.
- Applicants from the other countries must contact their regional/ country offices for details on how to apply
- If you are already living or studying in Germany, you should apply for a scholarship via the domestic selection program using the online portal provided on the website
Applicants will be required to submit the following documents
- A well meaningful CV in tabular form including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment.
- You must submit a Motivation letter.
- Submit Copies of your diplomas and transcripts with German translation if the originals are not in English.
- Applicants must submit copies of their study performance records in case they have been studying at a University in Germany.
- A proof of German language proficiency with at least a B2
- Request an informal academic letter of recommendation
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here