Deadline : October 1, 2021
Applications are now being accepted for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship in The Netherlands. The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2021 is dedicated to prospective master’s degree students who wish to apply for an eligible master’s degree program at Leiden University for the Spring semester starting February 2022.
This scholarship is aimed to excellent students from non-EEA/non-EFTA countries joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree programme as well as to excellent students of all nationalities joining an LLM Advanced Studies programme or the Master’s in International Relations & Diplomacy.
Eligible candidates for the scholarship must be applying for courses in Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
The LExS scholarship program is distributed long three categories, awarded for the duration of the study programme. The three categories are:
- A scholarship gran worth € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- Scholarship grant worth€ 15,000 of the tuition fee
- A scholarship grant covering full total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Rate This Post
- Information Clarity
- Page Loading Speed
- Information Quality
Applicants must fulfil the following application conditions in order to apply
- You must be a citizen of a non-EEA/non-EFTA country and applying for a Master’s programme at Leiden University OR
- A citizen of any other country applying for an LLM Advanced Studies programme, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- You must be applying for any of the eligible Master’s programme offered at Leiden University
- Candidates must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme, which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying.
- You must be amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note that proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness
Applicants must submit their applications for admission into their programme of choice using the online application form. During the application process in the scholarship section of your online application, you must indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS. Apart from the online application, you will need to upload supporting documents as indicated below
- You academic documents
- Proof of excellent performance
- You must Upload a LExS motivation letter. Please follow instructions in your online application.
- In case you are applying for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, you must clearly indicate it and upload a separate LExS motivation letter for each application.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here