Deadline : March 31, 2020 .
The call for application for the May 18 Memorial Foundation is now open for Members of the Class of 2022. Global NGO Master‘s Program (GNMP) is fully funded scholarship program. The May 18Memorial Foundation and the May 18 Institute at Chonnam University offer a master’s program for Global NGO activists with a full scholarship. The GNMP welcomes individuals who are passionately engaged with human rights, democracy, and peace and are eager to become professional NGO workers and leaders.
The May 18 Memorial Foundation was founded in 1994 with the precious funds from the May 18 victims, Gwangju citizens, overseas Koreans and Korean citizens in Korea in order to continue and develop the democratic spirit and solidarity of the May 18 Democratization Movement. Individuals with passion to bring positive changes to their societies through human rights activism, democratization, local community development, building solidarity across borders, and humanitarian acts are highly encouraged to apply.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- Round-trip international airfare between his/her home and Korea
- Monthly stipend of 800,000KRW
- Tuitions and room & board
- Alien card application fees
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Having interested in human rights, democracy, and peace
- Holding a BA degree or to be graduated no later than July 31, 2020
- Possessing high English language proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading
- Should be legally and physically able to study for two years
To apply you must follow the following procedure and submit the required documents
- Complete application form
- A scanned copy of valid passport
- A copy of BA certificate or its equivalent
- Physical examination report (including TB test results)
- Certificate(s) of activity in human rights issued by related organization. All documentation should be submitted either in English or Korean
- A letter of recommendation
- Official certificate(s) for English language proficiency
Please note: The official certificate for English language ability is exempted for applicants who earned a bachelor`s degree in a country where the mother language or official language is English such as India, Philippines, or Singapore
To apply,scanned documents either in PDF format or as WORD attachments via email at [email protected]