Deadline : April 21, 2021
Call for application for the May 18 Memorial Foundation is now open for Members of the Class of 2022. The Global NGO Master‘s Program (GNMP) is a fully funded scholarship program offered at Chonnam University in Korea. The May 18Memorial Foundation together with the the May 18 Institute at Chonnam University are pleased to offer a master’s program for Global NGO activists with a full scholarship. This GNMP program is dedicated to applicants who are passionately engaged with human rights, democracy, and peace and are eager to become professional NGO workers and leaders.
Founded in 1994, the May 18 Memorial Foundation was formed with help from funds, from the May 18 victims, Gwangju citizens, overseas Koreans and Korean citizens in Korea. The foundation aims to develop the democratic spirit and solidarity of the May 18 Democratization Movement. Applicants must be individuals with the passion to bring positive changes to their societies through human rights activism, democratization, local community development, building solidarity across borders, and humanitarian acts .
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive funding for a round-trip international airfare between your home country and Korea
- Selected participants will receive a monthly stipend worth 800,000KRW
- Your tuitions fees for the Master’s programme will also be covered
- You will receive accommodation for the full duration of your stay in Korea
- Applicants will also receive coverage for the Alien card application fees
In order to apply, you must meet the following eligibility criteria
- Applicants must hold BA degree or must graduate with a BA degree graduated no later than July 31, 2021
- You must demonstrate strong interested in human rights, democracy, and peace
- Applicants must have proof of high English language proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading
- You should be legally and physically able to study for two years, the full duration of the programme in Korea
You must compote the scholarship application form and accompany t with the required support documents. The full application file must include the following.
- A fully complete application form
- It must include a scanned copy of valid passport
- You must include a copy of your BA certificate or its equivalent
- Applicants are required to take a physical examination and include the report report, including TB test results).
- You may include certificate(s) of activity in human rights , if any.
- Request and attach a letter of recommendation
- You must also include proof of English language proficiency in form of official certificate(s)
All documents must be summited in English or Korean. The Application form must be download from the program website. You complete application file must b sent to [email protected].
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here