Deadline : March 15, 2022
Apply for the Mercatus Center Adam Smith Fellowship for PhD Students. Mercatus student fellows will have an opportunity to learn from and interact with an impressive collection of Mercatus faculty, affiliated scholars, and visitors. The Adam Smith Fellowship is a co-sponsored program of the Mercatus Center and Liberty Fund, Inc. The Adam Smith Fellowships are dedicated excusive to graduate students who are currently enrolled in PhD programs at any university around the world. The major fields of study and disciplines of interest, including but not limited to economics, philosophy, political science, and sociology.
Previous fellowship winners are eligible re-apply to the Adam Smith Fellowship each year of their studies. Besides the total award reserved for the program, Adam Smith Fellows are also eligible to apply for conference travel and research support. This fellowship programme aims to introduce students to critical thinking around aspects of political economy. The programme also aims to encourage them to critically engage key thinkers in political economy, something they might not otherwise encounter during their graduate studies.
This is one (1) year programme dedicated to doctoral students who are enrolled at any university in any Discipline of study but are interested in political economy. Throughout the programme, Adam Smith Fellows will have the opportunity to spend 3 weekends during the academic year and 1 week during the summer participating in workshops and seminars on the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits
- The program will arrange and cover airfare costs for selected applicants to travel from and back to their countries of origin.
- You will receive full coverage for lodging and meals associated with the fellowship.
- The total award to selected fellows is up to $10,000 per fellow
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Any student of any nationality enrolled in any doctoral program at any university, in the US or abroad, is eligible to apply for the Adam Smith Fellowship.
- Eligible applicants must be enrolled in an accredited PhD program during the upcoming academic year.
- Fellows must remain enrolled at their university in their PhD programme throughout the fellowship.
- Selected fellows must be able to commit to traveling 3 weekends and 1 week for colloquia during the upcoming academic year.
- You must have a research or teaching interest that would benefit from a greater understanding of key writings in political economy.
Interested applicants must submit their applications before the set deadline. You will need create your application and submit the following documents during the application :
- Applicants must submit a 1 to2 page cover letter explaining the following aspects
- The applicants’ graduate school career to date.
- A short summary of your research and research interests.
- Description of your familiarity with the thinkers associated with the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy.
- A short summary of what you hope to achieve out of this programme.
- You must also submit your most recent resume/CV
- The application will also require you to answer a few short answer questions during the application.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here