Deadline : April 15, 2020 .
Apply for the Merit scholarships for international students at Universität Hamburg in Germany. With its merit scholarship program, Universität Hamburg supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels who are actively involved in a social or intercultural context. The awarding of a merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
Merit scholarships are disbursed on the first day of each month of funding. Funding commences on 1 October for the application round ending on 15 April and on 1 April of the following year for the application round ending on 15 October
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- Successful applicants will receive a maximum monthly funding sum is €850. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (about 2-3 scholarships in each application round).
- These scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded.
- The maximum funding period in justified exceptional cases is 3 years.
Rate this Post
User Review( votes)
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must be pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters (master’s and doctoral students can apply after 1 completed semester);
- You do not hold German citizenship;
- You are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG)
- Criteria on good to excellent academic performance
- Criteria on other verifiable knowledge and capabilities (e.g., presentations, publications, prizes; additional specialised skills); previous funding
- Criteria on social and/or intercultural activities (e.g., confirmation of volunteer work)
- Criteria on applicant’s need/social situation
To apply you must follow the following procedure and applied the required documents
- letter of motivation: please use this form (PDF)
- proof of social and/or intercultural activities (if aplicable)
- record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates. Master’s students and doctoral researchers submit their final certificate.
- evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
To apply, Click here