Deadline : April 15, 2021
Apply for the Universität Hamburg Merit scholarships for international students at Universität Hamburg in Germany. With its merit scholarship program, Universität Hamburg aims to support outstanding international students and doctoral researchers. Students who are in all subjects and at all degree levels and are actively involved in a social or intercultural context may benefit from this scholarship
The merit scholarship award gives students the opportunity and ability to concentrate fully on their studies, develop their skills and expertise. Merit scholarships are disbursed on the first day of each month of funding. Funding commences on 1 October for the application round ending on 15 April and on 1 April of the following year for the application round ending on 15 October
- Successful applicants will receive a maximum monthly funding worth €850.
- Individual doctoral researchers are eligible for merit scholarship worth €1,000 per month depending on the availability
- These scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters for total of 12 months, with a possibility of re-applying for a scholarship after being awarded.
- The maximum period for funding in justified exceptional cases is 3 years.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must be pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg
- Applicants must have completed at least 2 semesters for the degree program they are enrolled in
- Candidates may be master’s or doctoral students
- You must not hold German citizenship in order to apply
- Applicants must not be eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG)
The following factors will be considered during selection
- Evidence of good to excellent academic performance
- Demonstration of verifiable knowledge and capabilities including presentations, publications, prizes; additional specialized skills
- Evidence of social and/or intercultural activities such as confirmation of volunteer work
Applicants will have to complete and submit their scholarship applications using the online portal provided. For a complete application, you must submit the following required documents
- Your most recent CV
- Request a letter of motivation using the letter template provided
- You should submit proof of social and/or intercultural activities if applicable
- Submit your record of achievements and evidence of excellent performance
- Request evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here