Deadline : November 1, 2021
Applications are now open for the School of Government Young Leaders’ Programs (YLP) in Japan. The major aim of the Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) is to contribute to cultivate future national leaders in Asian and other countries and contribute to building of friendly relationship among various countries. This program also aims to improve policy planning activities by forming a network among national leaders through deepening their understanding of Japan.
Each year, participants are welcome from selected countries to participate in this leaders program for one year, from October to September the following year. Participants are usually young public administrators and government officials who are proud of their service and are expected to play various active roles in the future as national leaders in their countries of origin.
The YLP is one of the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Programs and will offer scholarships to foreign students who wish to study at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) as Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) students in public administration/public policy for the academic year 2022 under the MEXT Scholarship Program.
Recipients of this program will receive the following benefits
- Participants will receive a program allowance worth 242,000 yen per month
- MEXT will stipulate the travel schedule and route and will provide you with an economy-class airline ticket from the international airport nearest to your home address.
- You will also receive funding for an airline ticket to on your return to your home country by the end of the final month of the period of scholarship
- You will receive coverage for fees for entrance examination, matriculation and tuition fees for the program.
- Attendants for the program will have guaranteed accommodation at residence halls provided by GRIPS.
If you wish to apply for the YLP program, you must fullfill the following application conditions
- Applicants are young public administrators and government officials who are expected to play active roles in the future as national leaders in their home countries.
- You must posses a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized/accredited university or institution in order to for you to apply
- Applicants must have achieved excellent academic performance evident with their academic transcripts
- You must prove that you have sufficient proficiency in the English language by submitting an English language certificate equivalent to a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 79 or IELTS Academic score of 6.0
- You must be a citizen of the following countries (Please see full list here)
- Applicants must be under the age of 40 by the time of application
- Applicants must have sufficient work experience of at least 3 years of full-time work in public administration.
- The YLP is for exceptionally promising young government officials who have already shown their dedication through work experience in public administration.
- Applicants must be in good health and medically adequate to pursue study in Japan by an examining physician on a prescribed certificate of health.
Application for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship will require you to submit supporting documents as well as photograph of your face, in accordance with the stipulations on the form
- You must submit the program application form to be downloaded from the program website
- Applicants will be requited to submit a recommendation letter from the recommending authority
- You will also need two letters of recommendation from either a faculty members or job supervisors who are familiar with your academic
- Also required are official transcripts and academic record as well as graduation/degree certificates(reflecting your academic history
- You must submit prove of your English ability by presenting one of the following certificates
- TOEFL iBT: 79 or higher
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 or higher
- Submit a copy of your passport and a copy of the page with your name, nationality, date of birth and photo.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here