Deadline : October 15, 2020 .
Apply for the MIPLC DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries at the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center in Germany. The MIPLC is a part of the DAAD’s scholarship program for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses”, therefore, If you are a prospective student interested in programs offered bu the institute, they invite you to apply for this exceptional opportunity
The MIPLC provides a truly international and interdisciplinary experience, thanks to its international faculty and its students hailing from all over the world. With just 38 students (maximum) per year, our program is much smaller than others. This guarantees intensive interaction between students, professors, and staff, as well as personalized support. Please note the Candidates for the DAAD scholarship for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses have to apply more than a year in advance with the deadline being October 15, 2020 for the intake of the following year 2021.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- As a scholarship recipient, you will be granted a full waiver of the MIPLC tuition and participation fee.
- DAAD will also grant you a monthly stipend amounting to EUR 850.
- The scholarship also includes certain payments towards health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- As a scholarship recipient, DAAD will also pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or otherwise.
- The DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance keeping in mind that the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the program.
- Please note: This scholarship does not cover additional costs which may include your enrollment fees or the fees for a semester ticket for public transport in Munich
To be eligible for the scholarship, you will have to fulfill the DAAD eligible criteria as well as the MIPLC requirements for admission. These include the following:
- You must hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results (top 30%).
- Should have received your latest degree no more than six years before your scholarship application.
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country (university staff and academics are generally not taken into account).
- To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if you have completed the two years by February of the year in which you intend to start your studies at the MIPLC.
- You meet the English language requirements of the MIPLC.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):
minimum score of 85 (iBT), 223 (CBT), or 563 (PBT); or
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System, academic version):
score of 6.5 or above; or
- Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English):
minimum grade of “C”; scores from other Cambridge tests, such as the Key English Test and the Certificate of Advanced English, will not be accepted.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):
You will have to complete the online application in order to be considered for admission. During the application process, you will have to complete the following information
- Personal data (such as name, date and place of birth, citizenship, address,)
- Names of persons submitting letters of reference for your application
- Language skills and, if applicable, information about the TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge CPE you have taken or are planning to take
- How you learned about the MIPLC
- Whether you would like to apply for a fee waiver or the DAAD scholarship. If yes, you will be forwarded to the Financial Assistance Application Form
Along with the application, you will have to submit the following required documents
- Your hand-signed CV in the Europass format
- A hand signed letter of motivation in English of no more than 1,000 words, discussing your background, your reasons for applying to the MIPLC
- Two letters of recommendation from recognized authorities in their fields who are familiar with you and your work and who are/were your superiors/supervisors or teachers.
- Copies of the degree certificates/diplomas for all academic degrees you have completed (Bachelor’s and higher).
- Transcripts for all academic degrees you have completed (Bachelor’s and higher).
- Information about the ranking you achieved in your graduation class(es).
- Copy of your school leaving certificate (high school diploma/degree)
- The completed Grade Conversion SheetProof of your professional or scientific experience
- An official score report of an English language test
- A printed and signed statement providing details concerning any disciplinary action to which you have been subject in the past
- Two portrait photographs, as used for passports.
To apply Click here